Let me take this time to say that I HATE

Options
sculley
sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
women's sizes why can't we just have guy sizes....(i know the answer to that)

Just frustrated because in one brand I can be a 11/12 and another brand a 13 and another one a size 15.....grrrr it's like make up your mind! :explode:

Replies

• sculley
    Options
    women's sizes why can't we just have guy sizes....(i know the answer to that)

Just frustrated because in one brand I can be a 11/12 and another brand a 13 and another one a size 15.....grrrr it's like make up your mind! :explode:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. The other day I was looking for jeans. And in one brand I could fit into a 6 :noway: ! The other was a size 11! What the?
  • sculley
    Options
    It also has a way with messing with my motivation one day I bought a pair of goal pants size 10 and I thought just for the heck of it I would try em on so i did they were TIGHT but fit well I was trying on clothes same brand and tried on another 10 at the store and it didn't fit over my thighs :sad:
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I hate women's sizes, too. I have a huge problem even with shirts, they range anywhere from S to XL....come on.....those are HUGE differences! I cut the sizes off the minute I get home.
  • chiefiron
    chiefiron Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    so you think its easy for us being guys... we can just go by a L or XL

Sorry but it doesnt work that way for us either. different maker different cut different size.

I recently orderd 4 XL button up short sleeve shirts from REI.com 3 i have been given away already all supposed to be the same size.

Im just glad i bought them from the outlet site and didnt pay full retail. I would really be PO'd then.

by the way Columbia lives up to is name and rep...good stuff and the only one to make it through the wash here in Baghdad without shrinking to "belly shirt" size on me. (NONE HAD SPECIAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS)

Tim
  • sculley
    Options
    Ok battle cat lol....she didn't say anything about men's shirts up above she was venting

I was refering to pants sizes, don't they go by waist (inches) and height (inches)???
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I know exactly what you mean. My husband walks into a store and picks out pants based on the waist and length size and he doesn't even have to try them on!

And if he buys a dress shirt, he picks it out by the neck size and arm length or something.

Grrrr....I have medium, large, extra large, and 1x shirts in my closet. And three sizes of pants! What is with that? Even my 13 month old daughter wears a 3-6 or 6-9 month outfit one day, and a 18-24 month outfit the next. Yesterday she wore a 12 month shirt with a 2T pants. I joke that women's sizes are confusing even from infancy!
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was told that the sizes differ by the country they are made in. I don't know if it's really true, but I did notice that when I get anything that is made in Mexico or Brazil a size 9 seems to be more like a 4/5
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Look at the sizes of some brands. The sizes below are for women but the men's department in each store has the same range of sizes:

Old Navy has size 0-20+
    Gap has size 0-20
    Lucky Jeans has 0-16
    True Religion has 24-32 (about a size 14)

Men have the same woes as us women!

When brands like Old Navy have such a variety of sizes, it makes the size spectrum a lot different than brands like True Religion. I can wear a 6 at Old Navy but a 10 at True Religion.

So when you go clothes shopping consider the variety of sizes before picking out your standard size jeans. If you usually wear a size 8 at the Gap you may wear a 10-12 at Lucky Brand (depending on the rise/cut) because they have fewer size options.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    yup I think I'll agree men have a hard time too LOL...at least my hub does finding the right inseam and waist....but its nothing compared to the ranges in my cloths....and then throw in work cloths like skirts and dresses and its just all over the place! I can never just pick up a size and say ...okay I'm a this....this will fit...its a must to try things on or do the o' return-a-roo...which is a pain...

today I bought myself a mother's day gift LOL...spring skirts and tops...really cute and the size I picked was swimming on my waist and fit around my hips...now that is a whole other story grrrrrrrrrr I need to learn how to sew!!!!!
    lol

hugs!
    Ali
  • ccropley1
    ccropley1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have tried on a pair of jeans before the same brand same style just a differen color and they still didn' fit the same!!

What's up with that?
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I was so excited because I got back into my size 12's or so I thought until I put another pair on today only to find out they were to small still!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have tried on a pair of jeans before the same brand same style just a differen color and they still didn' fit the same!!

What's up with that?

This may sound gross.... hm.... I worked at an old navy for 3 years and I ALWAYS found that each pair of jeans fit differently, could be same style, and colour but just fit a bit differently. I was told this is because 1) a lot of their clothes are preshrunk, meaning they may all be ever so slightly different in size BEFORE you buy them, and 2) (the gross part) jeans stretch when you wear them, it is simply the nature of denim. Even the denim that claims to have no stretch will stretch out a little. People try on clothes CONSTANTLY in stored like Old Navy. Just an estimate, I'd say that unless that pair of jeans you tried on was straight off a shipment truck, they've been tried on about 3 times... TODAY. So lets say the jeans have been in the store for 2 weeks... Thats a lot of bodies that have been in those pants. SO simple answer- the stretch. TIP OF THE DAY- ALWAYS wash clothes after you buy them and before wearing them (*shudder* especially bathing attire).