So discouraged

Options
Hi, I am new to MFP and really hoping to accomplish what I need to. I am currently about 40lbs overweight, the heaviest I have been in my life. I am 41 and just had my second child. I had my first at 39. I try to blame having 2 children in 2 years at age 40 on my weight loss but that is just an excuse.

I do not enjoy cooking in the least and tend to just eat what is around. Plus I have been staying home to take care of my 2 kids and feel it has done me in. I snack all day on Nutella and bread. But I literally go to the grocery store and have zero clue what to buy. How pathetic is that???

So I have set my weight loss for 1lb per week. I cannot wear any of my clothes and refuse to buy anything new. So I live in yoga pants or some maternity shorts. Yuck.

Anyway, sorry for the depressing intro;)

Replies

• Elukiee
    Elukiee Posts: 9
    Options
    Addy me, I'm a new mama with a 2 year old and 6 month old :3
    I've always made my best intention to work out and it just never happens. I haven't bought new clothes since my first was born always thinking "I'll treat myself when I'm skinny" lol.
    I ditched that attitude and have been treating myself to clothes that flatter me now, even if there a size 10 when I used to fit into size 4.
    Gotta keep positive, I want my girls to always see me happy and confident even with the "fluffy" bits.

Eating healthy just takes doing it daily, and making it a part of your routine.
    And it makes you feel so much better than eating the bad stuff, and being reeeeealllly diligent with it. But treat yourself to desserts every once and a while or you'll go crazy! I need chocolate in my life <3

Good luck with your goals, and bit by bit you'll get there.
    And nothing wrong with cozy clothes, I live in yoga pants and hoodies atm too lol.
    ^__^
  • wanttoloose35
    Options
    Thank you! Yes, SO hard with 2 little ones but getting easier ;) My boys are 2.5 & 6 months as well. It's funny because I am very mindful of what I feed them but will shove anything in my mouth. I am determined to not "diet" but to make changes and get back in shape. Plus we are in the middle of gutting our kitchen so I am without a stove for the next week.

Thanks for the encouragement ;)
  • ShelleyD1960
    Options
    so discouraged, dont give up you will get there. Iam 52 started a week ago lost 5 pounds so far this is my 3rd attemp to lose weight. I stopped smoking 2 years ago and am trying to get healthy so i can be here when my children give me grandkids. Food is an addiction and most eat because of strees. you need to remember you just had a baby and after 30 it is harder to lose weight the harder you beat yourself down the harder it is going to be for you. This is what has worked for me... I walk 2 times a day. and my apartments have stairs so i walk them every other day. I bought multi grain cheerios and mesured a cup and put in plastic bags this is my 110 calorie snack 25 cherries for a 90 calorie snack. I try to eat dinner for breakfast,lunch for lunch,and breakfast for dinner 3 days a week. you need to swich it up exercise and eating cause your body gets use to things and stops working. I ALSO TRY TO SPRINT WHEN WALKING..WALK ALITTEL THEN SPRINT BACK TO WALKING. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK DONT GIVE UP :}