ate too much yesterday. eat less today?

Options
what do you do when you go over your calories on a given day. how do you make up for that? can you eat less the next day?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Don't fret it. Just make your goals today. One day won't ruin you.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I just aim to hit my goals on the next day.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    why would you do that? Today is a new day, just get back on track and don't sweat the small stuff. If you treat your diet like a yo-yo you're not building healthy sustainable habits.
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad weekend myself with my eating. I'm just going to eat my regular calories and maybe a little of my exercise calories too.
  • TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Just start over! We all have those days we eat too much!!!
  • Alzzak
    Alzzak Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    treat today as a normal day; yesterday is over, why continue to beat yourself over it?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    If I go over one day I just don't eat the next day.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I try to balance things out over the course of week, but I won't starve myself either trying to do this any particular day. If you can make up for it on other days, great. But if not, as someone else said, don't fret it.
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm just going to get back on the wagon.
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't eat less ... but I will sometimes exercise a bit more.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Depends... If it's under 500 calories over, I wouldn't worry about it. If it's like 1000 calories over, I might try to be more careful for the next day or two but I'm not going to stress about that much either. For instnace, this past Friday night, I ended up going over by a little over 1000 caloires. Saturday morning I got out and took a walk/run and got a great calorie burn and for the rest of the day I made sure to eat reasonably. I didn't starve myself by any means but I made the best choices I could.

As the other responder said, it's not something to stress about too much anyway, as long as you have a lot more good days then bad, it'll all even out. In fact a lot of folks routinely schedule in a weekly cheat day as it's supposed to help keep your metabolism up. Not sure if the science is sound, you can do your own research.
  • MonicaLee92
    MonicaLee92 Posts: 222
    Options
    Everyday is a new day!
  • catwoman131
    Options
    I had a pretty bad weekend myself with my eating. I'm just going to eat my regular calories and maybe a little of my exercise calories too.

Ditto
  • jennadiane_
    jennadiane_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Don't fret it. Just make your goals today. One day won't ruin you.

^^^ This.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Every day is a new day. You don't reach your goal today, reach it tomorrow.
  • Warren_Carrol
    Warren_Carrol Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    good thread...I needed this.
  • dianasmith6
    dianasmith6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just add a little more excersice and eat a little less.
    For example if I eat 100 less calories each day for a week thats 700 calories
    and then I excersice (on top of my normal routine) and extra 100 each day thats another 700 calories.
    So I just balance it out.
    Plus If I know that Im going to eat a big meal or something I eat smaller meals before.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I would just aim for your regular calorie goal but maybe workout a little longer :) If you normally do 30 minutes of cardio, try doing 45 or throwing in a bit of interval training. You'll be fine.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I've learned to take this one day at a time. If you mess up one day, don't beat yourself up over it. Just meet your goals today and go from there.

Good luck!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't eat less ... but I will sometimes exercise a bit more.

^^^ This is what I usually do too! I just make sure I hit my goals the next day, make the healthiest choices possible and get in a big sweaty workout!!