Options
herbs19
herbs19 Posts: 1
im a vegitarian anyone have any recipies

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    You should at least learn to spell it then :smile: . The best vegetarian recipes are just vegetables. One of my faves is steamed cauliflower mashed with olive oil salt and Italian herb blend.
  • iwannabefit8
    Options
    a great source of protein is the quorn products. they are available at most grocery stores. i personally love their "naked chicken". it is great to have as a substitute for the typical turkey dinner or something lighter like a "chicken" caesar salad! hope this helps (:
  • Corian3105
    Corian3105 Posts: 16
    Options
    Get yourself a copy of Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall's Veg Every Day if you can, it's an amazing book. Just go easy on the amount of oil he recommends...
  • juddrnaut
    juddrnaut Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's awfully vague.

For breakfast, lunch or dinner?
    Any other restrictions?
    Are you looking for meals that store and travel well?
    Any particular kinds of cuisines you like?

I tend to go back and forth between a few key meals:
    - burritos and fajitas with tofu, black beans or scrambled eggs
    - tofu and veg stir fries with noodles or rice
    - Mexican beans and rice
    - vegan tofu ricotta lasagna
    - spaghetti with TVP and vegetables
    - shakshuka (eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce) with cous cous or whole wheat pita
    - vegan jambalaya (tofu, veggie dogs) made with rice or quinoa
    - chickpea curry and rice
    - Moroccan spiced lentils and cous cous
    - veggie chilli with rice
    - BBQ tofu steaks in a sandwich or with rice
    - tofu scramble with baked beans in tomato sauce
    - a myriad of salads, some of my favourites being "pad thai" salad, a bean sprout and cashew spinach salad, cucumber tomato salad with mozzarella, greek salad, caesar salad with fake chicken or tofu fried in garlic, taco salad with tofu crumble, garden salad with boiled egg and balsamic vinegar, moroccan chickpea salad
    - and a myriad of soups including vegetarian borscht, rice noodle and tofu/dumpling soup, lentil soup, black bean and vegetable soup, green gumbo

If you want the recipes to any of these you can google some recipes or ask me for them (I wouldn't want to transcribe too many of my own recipes though haha). My favourite websites are "Vegan Dad" and "Post Punk Kitchen". I also recommend the following books:
    - Vegan Soul Kitchen by Bryant Terry
    - Appetite for Reduction, Vegan with a Vengeance, and Vegamonicon (all by Isa Chandra Moskowitz)
    - Vegan Fire & Spice by Robin Robertson
    - The Vegetarian 5-Ingredient Gourmet by Nava Atlas

And look up "student vegetarian recipes" or "student vegetarian cookbook" for super simple recipes that can be made in dorm rooms, so great if you don't have experience cooking (but be wary of the calorie count).
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com ! She has awesome gluten free & vegan options and they're so yummy :)