Can I re-introduce myself?

Options
malibootie
malibootie Posts: 614 Member
I joined MFP a few years ago and lost close to 20 lbs of my 40lb goal. Since then I have fallen so far off the wagon that I can't even SEE the wagon anymore and I want to get back into the swing of things. However, I not only gained back what I lost, but more (of course!). So, my new goal is 50 lbs and/or 3 dress sizes- and reevaluate when I hit the first one.

You want to know more about me as a person? My name "Mallorie" means "unfortunate" or "ill-omened" if you look it up in a baby book. Not too surprising since "mal" is bad in most european/latin languages. Anyway, I am just adding that for the humor of it. In truth, I am an outgoing person who always seems happy and fun to be around. I love good sarcasm (not malicious) and witty banter. I am 37 and one year ago left my job to return to school full-time and complete my Bachelor's degree at Towson University in Maryland (born and bred baby!)

Dislikes: stupid stuff.... ok, I kind of like some stupid stuff too... heh!:happy:
Fun fact: see info above about my name, also, I am the oldest teeny bopper you will likely meet. I say it with pride!

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!! I have been back for about a month now. It feels good to be back even with all the hurdles.
  • holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Options
    Hi Mallorie! Welcome back! You seem to have a good additude so getting back on the wagon shouldn't be a problem! Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • ohnogogo
    ohnogogo Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!,, I think it is great you have decided to take that step to get back on track and work towards your goal weight. If you need any daily support please add me as a friend.

I am back after about three months away. I had gotten down about 50lbs, got I'll in March and landed in the hospital. Three months took its toll and I gained a lot of that back. Now I am only 16 pounds away from being back to where I was in March. So I know the feeling of being unhappy with oneself when the weight comes back on!

Good luck and keep posting, tracking your food and exercise. Community, a good supportive network of friends and the right attitude will help you stay on track!
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to a fellow faller off the wagon. I was so much lighter last year and fitter 2 weeks at a boot camp relayy helped. Then work got in the way and oncer \i had slippedf a bit of fitness it was like a vertical slide down. As I got unfitter I did not want to exercise so nibbled in the evening. No big meals but just little bits now and often and the weight piled on. I went to a big do thsi summer and got out my dressiest outfit, I was convinced it had shrunk!!!.
    Eventually at the end of term I stood on the scalers and it was a shock. So here I am, determined tom lose the weight and I do wish I ahd found this site earlier. It is so supportive and it is so easy to tarck food and exercise.
    Good luck, i am sure you will reach your goal
  • valerie521
    valerie521 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    GLAD your back -- so am I

We can use all the help we can get girl

<3 Val
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I have been a yo yo dieter for as long as I can remember! Together, we can get healthy, stay healthy, and spread encouragement!!!!!!!