Addicted to Nutella!!!

Options
Yes! Addicted to Nutella. I am 40lbs overweight after having gave birth in Jan.

I eat this stuff all day long. I spread it on bread and think nothing of it. I know I need to get it out of my house but I seriously can't. How do I break this addiction? Ugh!!!!!!

Replies

• tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I bought a jar a couple weeks ago and implemented the rule of 1 serving a day for my kids...then found it almost impossible to follow that rule for myself! I decided nutella is evil and to never buy it again!! LOL You just need to be rid of it and focus on eating healthy. If you can go a few days or a week without it you'll be on your way! YOU CAN DO IT!! To get your mind off of what you're missing try to stay busy during the day and drink lots of water and make sure the food you eat is filling and nutrition packed, not calorie dense junk. Stay strong and good luck!!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I love that the company who makes it got sued (settled, so "successfully") for trying to pass it off as a health food...
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it. You either want to lose weight or you don't. If you it's not worth it to you, eat all the nutella you want. If you want to succeed don't buy it. Really it is as simple as that, no excuses.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Throw it away and stop buying it. :wink:
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    it is amazing stuff! i rarely buy it, otherwise i find myself just dipping a spoon in haha

i think you can buy dark chocolate spreads, but i'm not sure.
  • zingdak
    zingdak Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, like above, I just don't buy it. Having it in the house just tempts me even if I promise myself to only eat 1tbsp a day.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Train yourself to respond to the craving with a different action, and reward yourself.

Every time you think about it, eat a carrot. Each time you successfully avoid the crazing, make a notch on a whiteboard or pad of paper or something like that. Smile.

Eventually, you will come to associate the craving with a different behavior.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Or... stick to the serving size and log it accordingly. It's a delicious treat to be enjoyed sparingly - but still enjoyed. I have a jar at my desk at work. A couple times a week I will take one tablespoon and just savor it ;)
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    I buy it for my kids to have once in awhile. It stays in the pantry hidden until they want some. That's it. I don't touch it.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love it, too! But if it's causing you to stumble, get rid of it!! My total downfall is tortilla chips. I can't have them in my house. Every once in a while, we'll go out to a Mexican restaurant and I'll allow myself some. But I had to get them away from me! You can do it!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Nutella was literally my only reason to keep at my house pre-MFP.

Now, because I'm also addicted to it, I decide not to buy it at all. They even have those individual servings you can buy in supermarkets (nutella on the go or something?) but I even refuse to buy those.

I do however go for some hazelnut chocolate from Aldi's every once in a while. Its delicious and I don't wake up in the middle of the night trying to lick the empty jar >.<
  • EurekaSprings00
    Options
    I am too. I can finish a whole jar in a day, which is why I can't have it in my house!
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I just put some nutella in the freezer last night, to avoid binging on it this week! I think that it will take quite a while to thaw out.
  • jmttgc725
    jmttgc725 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm not saying Nutella is health food, because it isn't. But while I was living in France, I ate it every day for breakfast for five months and lost weight during that time. Now, I was also walking an insane amount, not eating huge lunches, and not eating additional snack foods. Again, it's not health food but, it's not evil.
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just throw it out and don't buy any more. You can if you want to loose weight bad enough.
  • Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love it. I only allow myself to have it once a day, and only 1tbl which I measure out. I eat it with fruit..apples or banana's. One small jar will last me a couple of weeks. Makes me feel like I'm cheating, but still staying healthy.
  • happythermia
    happythermia Posts: 374
    Options
    Throw it in the trash, babe! Some people can stick to the 1 serving or half serving and be ok - and some can't. AND THAT'S FINE! I'm partially convinced they put crack in it so you'll crave it all the time.

Best of luck and don't buy it again! Stay strong :D
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've never tasted it...not even quite sure what it is. After reading all of yun's guys' posts I don't think I should dare go there. I thought it was just some sort of knock off peanut butter??? :noway: Seems a lil crack-like, LOL!!

21371726.png
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I REPLACED IT WITH A HEALTHIER OPTION, JUSTIN'S CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BUTTER BLEND. IT'S A LITTLE MORE EXPENSIVE, I GET IT AT WHOLE FOODS BUT TASTES AMAZING AND MUCH LESS SUGAR THEN THAT EVIL NUTELLA, AND BTW UNTIL I FOUND THIS ALTERNATIVE, I HAD TO STOP BUYING NUTELLA TOO, JUST TOO ADDICTIVE!!! LOL
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I also love it. When I start craving chocolate, (that time o the month) I eat one and only one tsp. It lasts me forever. Because I do not like chocolate (yesI know Im a freak). But I crave it the week before and can control my eatting? Im sorry everyone else has such issues with it.