I need serious friends!

Options
Dimps23
Dimps23 Posts: 13 Member
Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want to get real! In the past week, I have started my weight loss journey and I've realized that I am ready. Ready for the long haul. I have no intentions of giving up, and I'm going to push myself to do more no matter what. I need friends that are just as serious as I am so we can motivate each other and be there for each other. I don't want to try to motivate someone that just ate a cookie! Like I said, I need serious friends. :-) Btw, I am a 42 year old Mom of 3 that wants to lose 30+ pounds and my workout of choice is Turbo Fire / Kickboxing! Let's do this!

Replies

• wildvintagechic
    wildvintagechic Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Add me!! you sound like the friend I want too! I am 48 and need to lose at least that. Currently having a lot of trouble with bursitis and starting to get mild arthritis.....so I need motivational help especially when it hurts! no cookies here!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am working on losing 30+ pounds and am more than half way there in 3 months. I have a few very supportive friends and would be happy to do the same for you. Keep up the serious attitude but have some fun with it too. My exercise of choice is bike riding. I go the gym also but I find that not very exciting.
  • Jfrerichs
    Jfrerichs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am always happy to have more friends, but like you, I want the ones that are serious. Historically I have been the type that when the going gets tough I bail out of the game (quit logging, etc). However, I have told myself that no matter what I will stay on. I know I will have good days and bad days but will log faithfully and maintain my workouts.
    I am a high school teacher and taking my summer to form my good habits and kick the bad ones so that when the craziness of school starts back up (in just a few short weeks) I will be better equipped to stay on track.
    I, too, am looking for good support.
    Julie
  • Dimps23
    Options
    I'm thankful for all of the additions so far. I'm a good cheerleader for those who are on a mission. In the past I have had friends that were always slipping up. I am not as good with those types of friends. Just keepin' it real here! I need MOTIVATED friends. :happy:
  • Sherilynn1966
    Options
    Y'all can add me too. I've been on here for a few months, but need to get serious. I think a few friends are just what I need!
  • SeminoleFan0514
    SeminoleFan0514 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you wish. I have a lot more weight to lose than you but I sure can use all the support I can get. I will give support as well.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am on here everyday :).
  • Brent_J
    Brent_J Posts: 54
    Options
    I sent you an add.... If anyone else is looking for serious friends to add who have a lot to lose, feel free to add me.
  • 2bfitb450
    2bfitb450 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    So we all sound about the same. I am also serious and wuld love to have more friends that are serious. I am training for the Disney Princess half marathon in Feb and also am getting ready to start Turbo Fire. Getting ready to send everyone an invite. Can't wait for the extra support.
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm serious and highly motivated... but I will also eat the occasional cookie. :S
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can always use another friend serious about weight loss....i am also 42.....want to lose at least 20 lbs to meet my 1st goal....and possibly another 10...but that might not be reasonable....you can do it! Add me if you like! I am not a perfect eater or exerciser....but i do the best that i can as each day comes along!!

San :)
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. I log in daily and love to have friends that are serious about their weight loss
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    42 year old working mom of 2 young girls. I'm serious about getting healthy and staying healthy. Read my profile and add me if you think we are a good match. I love to have serious and motivating friends! I'm a runner (would NEVER have said that before MFP :) and am currently in the middle of Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. I log on everyday and comment/motivate when I can :flowerforyou:
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Glad you are a good motivator...so am I...add me if you want and good luck! Remember, today is the 1st day of the rest of your life :)
  • jjj143
    jjj143 Posts: 5
    Options
    I need serious friends too! I am just getting started and have a good deal to loose. I am thinking that I should just make small goals right now maybe 5lbs at a time until I reach my goal. What do you think? Is that a good idea. I have dieted before and this system worked for me. I just need a little sticktoitness...............LOL
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    I sent you a request. I need serious motivators too! I am on every day. I want to take off 20 lbs
  • 62karen
    62karen Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me too! I just started back on mfp too.
  • lolasmom123
    lolasmom123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me too!! I need all the motivation I can get!!
  • AdrienneYocham
    AdrienneYocham Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been serious since June 11, 2012. I've been on here since last week. I have 100+ to lose, so motivation is something I'll need for a very long time. I've got this though! I'm positive, and optimistic. If you think we'd be a good match, add me!

Adrienne
  • Dimps23
    Options
    I am super excited about all of my new friends today. Thanks to all!