Another P90X new starter!

Options
Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life! I'll be starting my first round of P90X, as I'm sick of being overweight, under-muscled, and unattractive. I'm going to be following the exercise and the nutrition plan exactly, and my various bars and powders arrived today which has got me all excited. Day 1 pictures taken *check*, crates of eggs bought *check*, miscellaneous shiny-packaged protein-based 'food' using words like "MEGAENDURANCE" that I would previously have laughed at *check*...

I've converted my living room into a gym floor with some cheap interlocking foam mats from eBay (was cheaper than a roll-up mat, and gives me more floor space to boot)... it's lucky I live by myself! I was toying with the idea of adjustable dumbbells, but they're so freaking expensive. In the end, I went for three pairs of spinlock dumbbells and will have them set to light/medium/heavy for the various exercises instead - this saved me an absolute ton of cash. I hope this gives me enough flexibility, and I can buy new plates for them when my strength outgrows them. I've got my yoga blocks, sweat towel, and body-fat scales ready and waiting, and plenty of pictures have been taken so I can make the obligatory "OMG P90X" Youtube video at the end of it all.

Right, all I need to do now is find where I can buy turkey bacon and turkey jerky in the UK...

Replies

• Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    p.s. 5'8", 172 lbs, 22.2% body fat starting point!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your set.. Tony gets a bit annoying after awhile with the comments but if you bring it every time, you will see results (haha you will hear that too).. Good luck and you can find recovery drink alternatives if you want to take that after the workouts for way cheaper then the stuff they sell.

Bring it!
  • Pablosammy
    Pablosammy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Cheers! I have some SiS Rego recovery powder that I used to use after mountain biking, so I'll be using that. It's hard, if not impossible, to get the official supplement over here in the uk, so we have to sub in alternatives anyway.

Back in 90 days with some pics :laugh:
  • ajrowe
    ajrowe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Goodluck and BRING IT! I'm on my second week of my second round. Nothing beats this workout!!
  • ahelgers10
    ahelgers10 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!