In need of some motivation and encouragement. :)

Options
fluteypie
fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
Hello! So my name is Nicole, I've been using this site for almost a year now and it wasn't until a few months ago that I began to stray away from it. I've lost 20lbs so far, and I still have about 15 to go until my goal weight, and although I'm not necessarily gaining anything back, I'm definitely "loosening up" and my body isn't quite as tone as it was when I was working out regularly.

I've tried getting back into it, but it seems that most of my current friends are either busy or have given up on me (I don't blame them, lol it must be discouraging to see someone go missing for so long) and I'd love to make more motivational friends to share the journey with! I'm trying to log on more frequently and when I do come on, I love to encourage people as well, so really anyone can feel free to add me! The community here is great, and I hope we can all help each other, this whole weight loss thing isn't the easiest to do alone! :)

Replies

• Spanntastic12
    Options
    Well good luck on this go round. Add me if you'd like. I won't give up on you lol.
  • loleina777
    Options
    Hi Nicole!

No, this is by far the hardest thing I have ever done! Don't get me wrong, I am not done yet! I'd still love to lose another 40 pounds. But it does seem a bit better to do it with people that understand what it is like. People that are there to encourage you! I log in everday and keep count of all I eat and all the workouts I do! I am a Zumbaholic! I am there four or five times a week, it is a wonderful workout, I love to dance! If I am not there or swimming or walking (I change it up so I don't get bored!)

If I can do it! Anyone can! You have done great! Keep it up! If you ever want to write to me, I am here for you!

Happy Sunday!:smile:

Lorraine

17841971.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fluteypie
    Options
    Hey Lorraine! :)

Oh man, I would love to try Zumba, I've heard it's a blast, although I'm pretty terrible at dancing so I'm not sure if it would work out! Maybe I'll get some friends to try it with me someday. And it really is a struggle, isn't it? I've had some ups and lots of downs and it's just a huge rollercoaster, or so it seems. You seem extremely inspiring and encouraging, though, and I love your positive energy! I will definitely message you if I'm in need of some help, thanks so much for the offer!

Have a wonderful end of the weekend!
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up on you!! I just haven't been very dedicated lately but I'm back on track and logging everything so here's to getting motivated and keeping each other accountable!
  • Rachel089
    Rachel089 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey Nicole!

I'm only a week into my lifestyle change, and I've gotten weird looks and comments from friends AND family alike. ("No alcohol?! Come onnnn", "You're not getting into some weird diet thing are you?"). I would love to support you in your goals! It's nice to be able to talk to people who have the same health goals and make the same choices as you. It keeps you feeling sane and like you aren't alone lol! Feel free to add me, I love throwing around ideas about recipes, new workouts, ways to get cardio in a fun way, etc. Good luck on your healthy quest :)!

Rachel
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile:
  • fluteypie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the adds and encouragement! It's good to know that people are willing to stick with me (and I'll stick with you as well)! :))
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anyhting you put your mind too. hope you have a great day and feel free to add me if you wish. :smile: thanks
  • brunette_gurl_66
    brunette_gurl_66 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like.
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    add me if you want :)
  • KTlew54
    KTlew54 Posts: 23
    Options
    Feel free to add me! A great support group really makes a difference.
  • tabata_t21
    Options
    HI! You can add me if you want!
  • srudis25
    srudis25 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • grkpetalouda
    Options
    hey! feel free to add me!