I NEED ADVICE AND HELP

Options
So each day ive been - calories with working out
I am feeling extremley exhausted
Will i gain weight if i dont always stay within the -calories range?

Replies

• Tiffani1985
    Options
    Sometimes I dont even close to my calories and I have lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. I guess if you go over your calories then do more exercising that day and burn more. What is your diet regimen right now?
  • jeannine71
    jeannine71 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body! I find the MFP calorie recommendations to be a bit low (and so have my friends, and a personal trainer or two!) Not sure how long you've been doing this or what your calorie goals are, but, I was doing 1200 calories and working out - not losing and feeling like crap - cold and exhausted every night. So, I would tell you to do some research and find out what you can adjust...maybe you just took on too much too fast, but if you're feeling wiped out, your body is telling you to give it a break :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going to a site like: http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx and calculating your TDEE (total daily energy expediture). As long as you eat any number of calories less than that you should not gain actual fat. Your body might retain water if you go over your calorie or sodium goal, but it will only be temporary.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water and getting enough sleep? That affects how tired you feel a lot more than the food does, assuming you're eating enough calories to begin with.

If you're set to lose 1lb a week, MFP has set your calories to be 500 less than you need per day. If you go over your target by a little, you shouldn't gain weight, but you won't lose as quickly.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    Have you logged everything? If not you should be eating at least 1,200 calories.
  • ChiFortunate1
    ChiFortunate1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well, in a nutshell, if the calories you consume are more than the calories your body will burn in, say, a 24 hour period, you will gain some weight.
    Keep an eye on that calorie counter on your home page and log everything so you'll always know where you are calorically.

21371726.png
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Also, looking at your diary, you aren't getting even close to MFP's recommended calorie goal. Please, eat at least 1200 calories a day!!
  • lanik612
    lanik612 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm normally eating 800-1000 cals a day sometimes less and if i eat more its like abinge day. I normally work out and burn 900-1100 calories a day. today i just dont have the energy i drink lottts of water
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    I'm normally eating 800-1000 cals a day sometimes less and if i eat more its like abinge day. I normally work out and burn 900-1100 calories a day. today i just dont have the energy i drink lottts of water

It's no wonder your body is out of energy if you're eating 1000 calories a day and burning 1000 calories a day. Your body has no calories left to do the important things, like pump blood. You should NET at least 1200 calories a day.
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    So you're leaving your body to survive on body fat only after you take your exercise off your calories, plus it's not sustainable so when you have had enough you have a binge day. Would be much better to eat more every day and lose the binge days.
  • lanik612
    Options
    I've not binged.
    Im thinking i should go to the gym now or should i try and sleep?
  • mawright1231
    Options
    Women shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories per day, if you're only eating 800 calories and burning 1000 calories, you in effect don't have enough energy (food) coming into your body for it to function, so it is shutting down, which is why you are tired and feel icky. You really need to eat more and eat at least 1/2 of your exercise calories back. Try it, you will feel 100% better and have more energy.
  • lanik612
    Options
    but wont i gain weight?
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm a little concerned regarding the amount of calories you're consuming and the amount of exercising you're doing. It is not healthy. On top of that you exercised for over 9 hours on Saturday! Please be careful. It is good to be healthy, but this seems obsessive.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    As my friend Shannon explained to me, if you have entered a preferred number of pounds to lose then mfp gives you a calorie intake that should work if you are not exercising. IE. it should zero out. If you do work out then you get to eat more. You don't have to eat all the extra calories but you should definitely be eating more on the days you work out. That's what I have been doing and I'm losing weight.
    I had to ask my friend how it worked so I hope that this has helped. Happy journey on your way to health and fitness. :happy:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    To follow Myfitnesspal as it is intended, you should be aiming for the number on your homepage (not on your diary page) to say 0 calories remaining, or as close to that as possible. You should not be aiming for this to be a negative number. You don't need to burn more calories than you eat through additional exercise. You already burn most of your calories through normal everyday activities and just being alive.

When you set up with Myfitnesspal, it gave you a calorie goal with a deficit already built into it. That means you could lose weight through meeting that calorie goal and not doing any extra exercise at all. It's no wonder you are exhausted - you're not getting anywhere near enough calories to fuel that exercise you're doing.

On your diary page, the number of calories it says you have remaining is the number of calories you can eat and still have the built-in deficit calculated by MFP. Some people choose not to eat all those calories, and make their deficit bigger. Your calorie deficit is quite extreme though, and from the sounds of it, your body would really appreciate the extra calories, or you're going to burn out.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your exercise diary - are you really walking 420-520 minutes a day (that's over 9 hours)?! Or do you just work on your feet? Seems a bit excessive.

And yes eat more. If you can't eat more. Stop exercising until you can eat better.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    lots of times I eat below 1200 cals I am just not hungry on other days when I am hungry I go a little over. But if you are feeling exhausted I would make sure you are getting the proper nutrients, Take a multivitamin for woman and also add some protein powder into your diet this will help.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

If you burn every calorie you consume, what does that leave for normal body function? You need to eat more. Add more protein and fat to your diet. Your body needs protein and fat and they will make you feel full longer.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    You're exhausted because you are probably overtraining and are definitely undereating.