Am I the only one who gets really excited about milestones?

Options
So I know that technically a pound is a pound, and that every pound lost gets me closer to my goal...but I just can't help getting excited over those little milestones. I was ecstatic the day the first number of the scale was a 1 instead of a 2, and right now I'm watching anxiously to see it go from 190.1 to 189.9 or something like that. Such a teeny, tiny difference, but mentally it seems huge. Maybe it's because I haven't been under 190 for about half a decade?

Either way, I was just curious if other people are the same way about the little milestones along the journey.

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Getting under a round number feels great! I took forever for me to get under 160, now I'm eagerly awaiting getting under 150. It's very satisfying.

Keep up the good work!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm like this too. Every week, I look forward to my weigh-in to see where I am. I post a monthly progress photo at the end of each month to my facebook and I love comparing the current photo to past photos. So yeah, I get excited too. :)
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Oh absolutely! I was ecstatic when the scale read 169...because I had been above 170 ever since my 3rd baby was born! 160 is my next huge milestone because that's what I weighed before I got pregnant. :)
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I understand completely!!!!!! Right now I'm trying to hit under 200, that one is a big one for me :) I have a bout 8 lbs to go but it makes it seem like somehow these 8 lbs are more important than the last 78 lol
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yep, yep! just when I think...it's only one night, meal, event, one of those milestones pops up and I'm completely inspired all over again and the one night, meal, event gets pushed aside for another month or so.
  • PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. And yeah, I definitely agree that those milestones can be great motivators. I feel like I'm finally at the point where I'm looking for reasons to keep it up, keep exercising, keep eating well, whereas before I was always looking for reasons to cheat, or excuses for cheating.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I get excited about getting in new pants, having non scale victories, seeing my body change for the better, being able to lift a higher weight. I'm ecstatic by it all. HA!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I walk out the bathroom like this

tumblr_m5foq7anfP1r2vph1.gif

every time I weigh myself and I've lost some weight.

Thankfully, my awesome supportive husband is always like

tumblr_m61utx1PGM1rqfhi2o1_500.gif
  • AmyJosephina
    AmyJosephina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love reaching milestones. Because the scale was not moving like I wanted it too and I was really working hard, I created different milestones and awards for myself. For example, I treat myself to a new pair of exercise shorts or an exercise DVD when I workout 10 times. Or when I lose a total of 10 inches, I will treat myself to a new clothing item, etc. It's the little things that keep me going and keep me working hard because there are more than just numbers on the scale that I am striving to achieve.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! It's the small victories that keep me going.