When to Take a Break??

Options
I did a chalk art competition for my community. It was a lot of bending down, crawling on my knees and being on concrete for 4 hours straight. My knees have started hurting recently and now all that strain has them cranky :( I really want to exercise, but my parent's are telling me to lay off for awhile. They said cut back to 3 times a WEEK. My typical work out is my spinner bike, should I just give it a break until my knees heal?? Or be like a female Bruce Lee and push through?

Replies

• NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Anyone? No? Yes? Lol.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    nothing worse than a damaged knee.. take it easy for a few..
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Cut back to 3 times a DAY??????????!!! How mant times a day do you workout??? I'd take a break and listen to the folks Let your knees rest and heal
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    3 times a week** lol
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    3 times a day sounds excessive, unless you're doing it for really short periods of time. If you don't have rest days built in, now is a good time to incorporate it. You could also do things that will give your knees a break - say for instance, an upper body workout (with weights or using body weight).

Listen to your body. If what you're feeling is beyond ordinary soreness, give it a break.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,998 Member
    Options
    Let the knees heal. No point in hurting yourself.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree on protecting your knees -- this is one area where you have to always err on the side of caution.

That said, if you want to work out, why not focus on arms instead? Do pushups and situps, workout on a balance ball etc.