My 1st 100 days on MFP

Options
kympow
kympow Posts: 145 Member
:smooched: I made it to my first 100 days here on MFP. In 100 days my life has changed so much. My way of "eating" has changed... I use to grab carbie foods, or fast food alot...we hardly have any pasta. Our vegetables have increased tremendously! We strive for the 5 fruits/ veggies per day.... its funny that our bathroom habits have ALL improved...including the kids :)

We use to have buffalo wings sooooo often or pizza on friday nights...In my 1st 100 days I never exercised...due to knee pain....Had surgery last week on my knee and will start Physical Therapy next week.

When hubby asked me what I wanted to eat the night of my surgery... I wanted grapes!! Typically it would have been pizza or cheez-its.

I refuse to say that I am dieting...because this is SIMPLY not what I am doing....I have CHANGED.... MFP has CHANGED me! I have a differently eating style now...

To date I have lost 35 pounds (41 before surgery)...I was wearing size 4x scrubs...now just a XL scrub pants. I have bought more clothes in the last 5 months (started my healthier lifetstyle on March 3rd) than I have in the last 4 years. I now buy clothes as I need them...since they dont seem to fit for so long.. I have lost my triple chin down to my singl(ish) chin. Have gone down a show size, 6 inches in band size, 15.5 inches total lost...
I am no where near done... But I am on a great start...I have over 100 pounds to lose... but I focus on the next 5-10 pounds.

In my profile pic shows a collague of where I was and were I am now.
I am soooo looking forward to the next 265 days on MFP...and I KNOW great things are in my future.

I would not have gotten this far without my MFP, my special friends on here who email me to keep me in check...and a good friend that I work with (she started losing weight before I did, she unknowingly pushed me to start my journey...without saying a word.) It's fun as at work others have asked what I am doing and they are losing weight as well....

Thanks to my special friends....and those who inspire me....and others

:smooched: :smooched: My next goal is to start exercsing after I am released to do so!:smooched: :smooched:

Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    Congratulations on your new lifestyle and good luck in achieving your goals!!!!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!
  • MrsT0fu
    MrsT0fu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Kym, those are some AWESOME NSVs! Keep up the good work!
  • jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    Kym, thank you for this wonderful post! You constantly inspire me to stick with it and I am always thankful for your encouragement as one of my MFP friends! You are doing SO well and I can't wait to see what you will soon be achieving when you are able to workout, as well as change your eating habits! If you have lost this much weight with just a change in what you eat, imagine what the future holds for you when you are able to to do more physical activity! I am so very proud of you! Good luck as you begin physical therapy. I have no doubt with your courage and determination you will do great! I will continue to pray for you as you start a new phase in your journey...

Jen
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Jen,

your are such a sweetheart, my dear. I am sooo excited to be able to start exercising in the next month or so :) I definitely want to tone and burn some of this fat ;)
    It's friends like you that give me the drive and push to do my best. I love the changes in my health so far, and I will not let myself stop...
    Thank you for always being here for me Jen :)

Kym
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!