Just canceled Weight Watchers - No support

Options
Add me and we can encourage eachother.
"Losing weigh it hard. Being fat is hard. Choose your hard!"

Replies

• ojtabor
    ojtabor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I literally just chose this over WW! Hi there new support buddy!
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good choice! This site is so much easier to use and the forums are very active, plus that whole free thing is pretty nice! Good luck here, feel free to add me!
  • Kswiss83
    Kswiss83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did the same. I have lost weight on WW in the past, but it isn't worth the money.
  • CAW210
    CAW210 Posts: 73
    Options
    I also quit WW after finding this...i tell every one this is way better and free!
  • losinghollyann
    losinghollyann Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is on my list for today, too! I did lose 30 lbs. over the past year, but I dislike the artificiality of points. And the weird vibe that often happens at the meetings. I am liking MFP much more, and the interface is much easier than WW.
  • SkinnyJeans31
    SkinnyJeans31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think i was getting enough support, but too expensive. I lost some weight, but had to exercise like crazy too. Just eating the amount of points they assigned to me didnt do anything to my weightloss.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Who needs weight watchers! My boyfriends mom did it, she also quit because she was not getting a lot of results. I'm hoping to get her into this! No one wants to count points anyways and have to spend a lot of time flipping through a book.
  • Tamisplace
    Options
    So many people are dropping the WW program and switching to this. The new program on WW doesn't seem to be as affective as it use to be. I could not have followed the program any more perfect than I did and I didn't lose, and I am hearing that from several friends around my age group, 40's.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've done WW Online a few times (never meetings) and it's always worked for me, but I get tired of paying for it so here I am.
  • Cjoseph03
    Cjoseph03 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I, too, have quit ww for here. I love it here! The support is so much better! Feel free to add me!
  • curvyvegan
    curvyvegan Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I agree about the artificiality of points. I like feeling more in control of my choices here, like eating what I choose and not being penalized with extra points if it's not what WW deems "healthy" (i.e. nuts and peanut butter, anything high fat is tons of points over there!). Also I found that with points plus I was always cheating with fruit. Like, lots of fruit.
  • LFreshley
    LFreshley Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm Liz. Today is my first day. I have debated WW for awhile now, but one of my friends told me about MyFitnessPal. So glad I joined! If you want, add me as a friend so we can support eachother!
  • cathiaflock
    cathiaflock Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I quit WW a long time ago. It was effective but expensive and that was when it was $16.95 online. The forums sucked big time. I tried to get into challenge groups and it was like crickets. Nobody was there for me. Welcome to MFP it is awesome support. =)

Cathi