3lb loss in 2 days???

Options
Hi,
I usually weigh myself once a week, on a saturday and I use the scales at Boots.
So Saturday just gone I weighed in and great!!! I'd lost 2 lbs that week...... like I said usually only once a week but I was in Boots today and thought I'd weigh in again just to make sure it was right and I have lost an additional 3 lbs???
Same scales, wearing around the same kinda clothes..... can I have lost 3 lbs in 2 days?

Replies

• jhughes3155
    jhughes3155 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing is probably the time of day you weighed. First thing in the morning (after using the bathroom lol) is going to be your lowest weight of the day. Any other time has big fluctuations from different factors like water retention and how much you've eaten/drunk. BUT, I also know that when I first start a diet I usually lose 4-6 pounds in just a few days, so if you're early in your weight-loss journey, it could be a metabolic jump-start, and actual weight loss :)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Sure...it would be water weight. Your weight can go up and down by several pounds throughout the same day depending on what you have eaten and drank...try to stick with just weighing yourself once a week, at the same time (first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything), in the same clothes. This will give you a more accurate view of your true weight loss and will help you to avoid stressing over every little gain you might have here and there.
  • Hummingbird26
    Options
    Thank for replying..... But I have actually been dieting for a year and a half and have lost 7 stone!
    And so thats why I find it so hard to believe..... I could possibly be time of day, but today was a later weigh in than Saturday :-s
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Yeah, if it's water weight. I try to only weigh once or twice a week, and always when naked right after I pee first thing in the morning. Consistency is key to keep from driving yourself crazy!! ;)
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me last week 161 to 159 to 158. Now back at 159 which is better since I'm trying to shallow out the glide slope as I'm approaching goal.

I weigh every day (morning / immediately after voiding) BECAUSE of daily fluctuations. I can average out a weekly weight based on the daily weighings. If you weigh once a week you may be holidng more water (too much sodium or alcohol the day prior) or less water than normal - either of which may cause you to adjust your targets without need. I just don't obsess over the daily number since it is only one data point in the weekly average.