Snacks for the weak days?

Options
Okay. Usually my calorie intake is plenty. But then there's these random days when I feel pretty week. Like its just not enough. So I like to add a snack. So what are some good snacks for those days I should keep in my purse? I'd like something like a type of protein bar or something... Just don't know what kinds. Or maybe you got better options?

Replies

• diamond_roses
    Options
    maybe try keeping a small snack bag of almonds in your purse :) To be honest, I find it hard to eat plain almonds BUT I really like all the favlored ones! My favorite is the chili lime flavored Bluediamond brand almonds. or if you crave sweets most brands make almonds covered with a bit of cocoa powder. Anyways, its a quick easy snack that always makes me feel pretty satisfied for a while
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I also enjoy the cocoa dusted almonds. This weekend I picked up some ZonePerfect Dark Chocolate bars (Dark Chocolate Almond and Double Dark Chocolate). I had one for breakfast yesterday and found it to be pretty filling. It is very sweet and chocolately, too. Here is the NI for the almond variety:

Cal: 190
    Fat, g: 6
    Carbohydrate, g: 22
    Dietary Fiber, g: 2
    Sugars, g: 13
    Protein, g: 12
  • svwalter
    svwalter Posts: 21
    Options
    I eat pure protein protein bars and they have:
    chocolate: 180 calories and 20 g protein 2g sugar
    Peanut butter: 200 calories 20g protein 2g sugar
    chocolate chip: 200 calories 20g protein 2g sugar

I buy them from Sams Club you get all three in one box which is 18 bars for 18.00 they are regularly 6.99 box. 6 bars come in a box. You can get them also at walmart with the where whey protein is. These taste like a candy bar. Their are several diff brands just watch the sugar and calories in the other brands. They also have a pure protein smores it has 18 g protein 180 calories and 2g sugar they are also yummy.