Rewarding yourself?

Options
Do you reward yourself for losing weight?
And what type of rewards do you give yourself?

Replies

• fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to have weight loss goal rewards, but I've been getting some before I hit my goals because I needed them. Things like new sneakers, workout clothes, etc.

My first goal, at the end of August if I do well that month, I plan on getting a new hair cut. It's something I desperately need, but it's not going to effect anything in my life if I don't get it right now.

I try to reward myself with pampering or gifts, not food. Like, I've seen people do the whole, "When I hit this weight, I'm going to the buffet with my family!" Aside from the buffet being a scam, it's, like, why don't you go now? :laugh:
  • LateNightP
    LateNightP Posts: 10
    Options
    The only problem for me is that I really don't have money to spend on rewards :/
    I've been thinking about stuff like spa days with facial masks and bubble baths though :smile:
  • smilingselena
    smilingselena Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    well when i hit a big goal usually the 50 pound mark i buy myself a new workout outfit, and my big goal when i reach 150 pounds, which will be 170 pounds gone forever im going to cuba!!!! i have been putting money away when ever i can just for this!!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    SHOES! anytime for anything its SHOES!!! I got some awsome shox yesterday just because.... I put them off for a month...
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I have the Charcoal Versalette waiting for me to order it when I meet my goal!

In the past I haven't used rewards, and in the past I've never met my goals, haha. So I asked my hubby if we could splurge if I actually met my goal, because I didn't think I actually could... he agreed, and I think I may surprise us both. ;) This is my longest-running weight loss system and so far I am seeing results which is spurring me on!
  • Vitamin_K
    Vitamin_K Posts: 47
    Options
    do not use food as a reward... we are not dogs!! I reward w/ new clothes, mani/pedi or something along those lines.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I guess it's a little tougher if you don't have the budget for pampering...

when I reach 25lb lost, I'm going for a spa pedicure - the full treatment. :):love:

When I reach 50 lb lost, hubby is taking me shopping for new clothes (I'll need them at point anyway!). :laugh:

Smaller treats - I treat myself to new art supplies. :happy:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I reward myself, but avoid rewarding myself with food.
    Sometimes I get a pedicure or a facial. Sometimes new exercise clothing.
  • Sarah_thefatmom
    Options
    When I hit my goal of 120 lbs I am going to reward myself with a belly button piercing :)
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    This was hard for me, because I always rewarded myself, celebrated, mourned, whatever with food in the past and needed to break the habit without turning to spending lots of money that I needed for size-down clothes.

I did things like pedicures for myself and similar. Maybe when you get to a certain major goal, take a day off/vacation day and don't do anything productive. If you want to go for a hike or soak in the tub or curl up with a book...whatever YOU want to do that day. Someone who's at home with kids could have someone watch them for a block of time to do this.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal I'm getting another tattoo! ;-)
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    I'll usually reward myself with clothes or rugby gear. My first goal weight is 150, I don't know what I'll do for that yet, if anything. Wait: maybe a tattoo. I've always wanted one. Sometimes I don't think I should really deserve a reward; I should never have been this overweight to begin with. However, for my final goal weight (if I decide to lose more after 150), is taking a week vacation in New York City and biking everywhere I would want to go! And hopefully attending a game at the Rugby World Cup in 2015.
  • rainbowbandit
    rainbowbandit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My end goal result (when I have lost about 120 pounds) I am going to get highlights in my hair and possibly a tattoo (which would be my first).
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I decided when I move from "obese" to "overweight" I'm getting a facial -- it's one of my guilty pleasures because it's spendy... 14 more pounds! We'll see what my reward for getting under 200 will be, still contemplating!
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I reward myself only for sticking with this, every 10 weeks. I've given myself a purse/mani/pedi and last week, new gym shoes. Next up will be a Dance Xbox Game/Massage followed by three outfits/winter shoes, followed by running shoes/facial. I budget for them whether I lose weight or not. Because I need these things!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Do not reward with food. Clothes so I can see the different or hair or nails done. If I choose food it would definitely be the almonds dark chocolate
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Clothes & a Michael Kors bag.