I am a stress/depression eater...

Options
I am a smoker in a bad marriage and I have 3 beautiful little girls that I adore but I feel like something in my life is missing. I know what I have to do about my marriage but do not have the financial stability to do it. I worry about my girls and I have been living and doing for my husband and girls for the past 10+ years that I think I have lost touch with who I am and I am really having a hard time finding that person again. I really would like to find my waist that I used to have before I had kids but I don't have the motivation and when I feel the motivation it is usually in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping! I also have a mother, grandmother and uncle (mother, daughter and brother) that have been diagnosed with diabetes and I won't go to the doctor to be tested for myself because I don't want to know. I am in serious denial and cannot find the support from my family and the few friends that I do have here. I want to feel like I am alive again not only for myself but for my girls as well. :cry: :explode:

Replies

• kzeidler
    kzeidler Posts: 11
    Options
    I am a smoker in a bad marriage and I have 3 beautiful little girls that I adore but I feel like something in my life is missing. I know what I have to do about my marriage but do not have the financial stability to do it. I worry about my girls and I have been living and doing for my husband and girls for the past 10+ years that I think I have lost touch with who I am and I am really having a hard time finding that person again. I really would like to find my waist that I used to have before I had kids but I don't have the motivation and when I feel the motivation it is usually in the middle of the night when I should be sleeping! I also have a mother, grandmother and uncle (mother, daughter and brother) that have been diagnosed with diabetes and I won't go to the doctor to be tested for myself because I don't want to know. I am in serious denial and cannot find the support from my family and the few friends that I do have here. I want to feel like I am alive again not only for myself but for my girls as well. :cry: :explode:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Dear K Zeidler
    been there, done that... I'm a foodaholic the only difference is, alcoholics can live without alcohol, we can't without food. There is still hope for you, I quit smoking 2 years ago... after 30 years. You made a great choice to come here, there are great articles to read and a lot of interesting and funny posts...The one I liked was from Banks , it's about newbies and a very informative read. What helped me quit smoking was a list I made about why I wanted to quit and when I wanted to smoke I went over my list mentally and by the time I was done I didn't want a cig. Now I'm making the same list for loosing weight:happy:
    When I feel down I count my blessings and put some crazy upbeat musik on. I found a great church to go to , that might be something you want to look into too... I wish you lots of blessings
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hey! Another emotional eater! Welcome.

Also, don't worry about looking like you did BEFORE you had kids...you had em and they seem like a huge part of your life and that's a good thing. Make sure your realistic about this venture so it works for you. :wink: If you need to talk, drop me a line....that's how I made it through my rough days thanks to some wonderful people here.

B-
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Good advice.

We're probably all stress/depression eaters on here.......... that's one reason we're overweight.

Just hang on, and hang in there. Use this website and start sticking those foods in to see what you're typically eating. There is so much good advice here it's mind boggling. Indeed, the first few days it took me awhile to weed through it all, but it was worth it.

I learned:
    1) a calorie is a calorie (hard for us low carb affectionados)
    2) Your body can only burn so many of them. So, check your BMR to find approximately how many your body can handle.
    3) Stop eating after you have reached your proper intake for the day. But ideally, figure out what you want for the day and space it out.
    4) Take your kids for a walk, and figure it in on the exercise part. If it bumps your calories up beyond what you've eaten, have a snack.

Put your measurements in. I waited to do this because it was just tooooooooo depressing for me, but I've been doing this since April 16th and remeasured today and it was WONDERFUL. Now I wish I had put the measurements in on the first day!

Good luck. We're here to support each other. That's what really makes this site work.
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good advice bee

I feel the same way
  • Liani
    Liani Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi am Lee:smile: i was like that to0 when i went through a break up i would eat my feelings..and i gain 35 pounds 4 being dumb...now i recently got out 4rm a bad realationship i motivated myself tired of being hurt and looking forward for a change!.....You could do it motiviate ur self..:happy: ...yeah i know sometimes u need a push...At some point u feel like giving up.....WELL DONT GIVE UP...F who ever dosent help/ support/motiviate you!!! ...but at the end who is going to be there is ur self n God..About ur bad marrige i dont know??? my opinion is if u r not happy with ur husband get a divorce.Dont do it 4 ur kids ur hurting ur self n the kids by not seeing a happy marriage...You only have one life .It is never to late...