Good butt exercises for folks with bad knees

Options
I know. Squats and lunges are the BEST for your BUTT. But I tore my ACL and MCL 2 years ago (note: stay off the beach at 2 AM when you are drunk FYI). Now, I am a registered couch potato who stands for hours as a living. But I really need to do something about my spongeBob SQUARE BUTT I have going on back there ( as well as lose all the other weight, and my muffin top). Any ideas??? I'm pretty much a home exerciser. I don't belong to a gym or anything. I have dumbbells at home and that is about it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• ChcolateLady11
    Options
    I would like to know as well. for days like today, where my knee muscles are sore as hell, but I still want to work out and do butt exercises.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Bad how? I have patellofemoral arthritis, as the result of a big knee surgery. Squats keep the pain away. But the trick is in the form. Wrong form = hell.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    What about lunges? Would that cause the same pain at squats? OR step ups like in aerobics? You know stepping up on a lift thingy like a step? LOL! I sound so informative eh?? :laugh:
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    A few good exercises that will work are bridging exercises, quadruped hip extension and quadruped hip abduction, and lastly to prevent any more knee injury wall squats holding the position as long as possible. Its not about how many you do. (without bending hip/knee past 90 degrees... start high and slowly lower self). I have torn my ACL in both my knees, MCL in one and meniscus in the other so I understand your pain. But once your strengthen you glutes, quads and hamstrings.... Life will be a lot easier! Hope this helps.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    the solution is to fix your knees.... by doing squats properly (good form) with low weights and working your weigh up slowly so the tendons and joints (that grow slower then muscle) can work and strengthen...
    and eventually you'll be doing squats and working your butt too.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Pickup the latest issue of Oxygen. They have lots of glutes exercises!!!!

Nothing like a women with a nice butt!!!