Excessive eating and pain after resistance training

Options
In quite a pit of pain from and abs class i did at the gym yesterday 40 min intense core strength training--was a killer!...today ive eaten like 3000 calories and can barely move to exercise.
1- Is this normal to not be able to move about 36 hours after exercise? - i mean ive had DOMS but not this bad!
2- to be eating double my daily intake of calories ?
3- Will it show on the scales? - or does my body need these extra calories after an intesnive workouts the last 2 days ( even though i ate most calories back?)

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be hurting days after a workout when you push yourself far beyond your current fitness level. It's not good though. When you recover cut back the intensity to a level you can handle. Soon enough you will build the fitness necessary to handle that workout without being taken out of action for days.

As far as how much you are eating, that's under your control. You don't need that much and will probably gain a little.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In quite a pit of pain from and abs class i did at the gym yesterday 40 min intense core strength training--was a killer!...today ive eaten like 3000 calories and can barely move to exercise.
    1- Is this normal to not be able to move about 36 hours after exercise? - i mean ive had DOMS but not this bad!
    3- Will it show on the scales? - or does my body need these extra calories after an intesnive workouts the last 2 days ( even though i ate most calories back?)
    1 - possibly, yes....
    2 - NO...you need to take control of what you're eating. Maybe try adding more protein & fiber rich foods if you're feeling hunger that you can't control.
    3 - Yes - muscles retain water to repair themselves, add excessive calorie intake to this, and yes, you'll probably see at least a temporary gain on the scale.
    Also, give yourself a little break, but do NOT wait for your abs to completely stop hurting before you do more of the same exercise, because when you do that, its almost like starting over every time...
  • anon86_x
    anon86_x Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be hurting days after a workout when you push yourself far beyond your current fitness level. It's not good though. When you recover cut back the intensity to a level you can handle. Soon enough you will build the fitness necessary to handle that workout without being taken out of action for days.

As far as how much you are eating, that's under your control. You don't need that much and will probably gain a little.
    1 - possibly, yes....
    2 - NO...you need to take control of what you're eating. Maybe try adding more protein & fiber rich foods if you're feeling hunger that you can't control.
    3 - Yes - muscles retain water to repair themselves, add excessive calorie intake to this, and yes, you'll probably see at least a temporary gain on the scale.
    Also, give yourself a little break, but do NOT wait for your abs to completely stop hurting before you do more of the same exercise, because when you do that, its almost like starting over every time...

thanks