Super Bowl Predictions

Options
jad54
jad54 Posts: 192
Where are my NFL fans? I know it's a bit early, but with training camps slated to open up very soon, I'm getting that NFL "itch."

So who is your team and who do you envision playing for it all come February?

My squad - Da Bears

SB matchup - 49ers vs Patriots

Replies

• collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Ravens and Pats in the AFC
    49ers and Packers in the NFC

The biggest dance of them all. 49ers and Ravens.
  • jad54
    Options

I thought long and hard about picking BMore, but I think Tom Brady has one more run left in the tank.
  • sportsforfun
    sportsforfun Posts: 353
    Options
    My team: Broncos

SB Matchup: Eagles vs Texans
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My fav team: New England Patriots Woot woot!

Matchup:
    NFC: Philly vs GB
    AFC: NE vs Texans
    SB: NE vs. GB/Philly ( not sure yet)

I really don't know who the second best team in the AFC is going to be. A lot of question marks on the other contenders. Maybe this is the year the Texans put it all together and make a deep run, maybe not. A lot of question marks on the Ravens, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos and Colts.
    I think Philly will bounce back, but I think the 49ers and GB will take a slight step back to the pack. NO won't even make the playoffs-too much drama and changes.
  • jad54
    Options
    My fav team: New England Patriots Woot woot!

Matchup:
    NFC: Philly vs GB
    AFC: NE vs Texans
    SB: NE vs. GB/Philly ( not sure yet)

I really don't know who the second best team in the AFC is going to be. A lot of question marks on the other contenders. Maybe this is the year the Texans put it all together and make a deep run, maybe not. A lot of question marks on the Ravens, Steelers, Chargers, Broncos and Colts.
    I think Philly will bounce back, but I think the 49ers and GB will take a slight step back to the pack. NO won't even make the playoffs-too much drama and changes.

The good about the Texans? The made a lot of noise without Schaub.

The bad? They lost a great defensive player that helped masked some of the deficiencies in the the secondary.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • collinj8
    Options

I thought long and hard about picking BMore, but I think Tom Brady has one more run left in the tank.

I agree Brady has one more left in the Tank, but I am not sure about the rest of the team. Have to wait and See.

I also could almost see the Giants pull another one off. Eli, or someone on that team, seems to know how to get the rest of the team fired up when it counts. They have done it twice now. Not back to back, but still a chance. Green bay has had a few roster changes, so I am not sure about them. I might even be reaching just to have them in the NFC championship. The 49ers have been close, and think they want it. Also the brother battle between the 49ers and the Ravens, would just make it a media gone wild.
  • collinj8
    Options
    Just a note here, I have no hope in my Raiders pulling one out this year. Team owners and leadership is going to be thinking more about the almighty dollar as their contract in Oakland Expires this year.
  • jad54
    Options
    Just a note here, I have no hope in my Raiders pulling one out this year. Team owners and leadership is going to be thinking more about the almighty dollar as their contract in Oakland Expires this year.

Dude, your fans are crazy. I was visiting a buddy out in San Jose the week they played my Bears last year. We were at an upscale bar on Santana Row and three guys wanted to kick my tail because I had a Lance Briggs jersey on. This was AFTER Oakland won. Haha love the passion.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I predict that because I have no interest in the superbowl I will get to spend the afternoon with all my incredibly attractive girl friends who are bored and annoyed with their SO's. I win.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Hoping the Niners make it this year. 49 days til football season!
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Super Bowl Champs
    DA BEARSSSSSSSSSS
  • jad54
    Options
    I predict that because I have no interest in the superbowl I will get to spend the afternoon with all my incredibly attractive girl friends who are bored and annoyed with their SO's. I win.

Obvious troll is obvious.
  • jad54
    Options
    Hoping the Niners make it this year. 49 days til football season!

Niiiiiice. Less than 50 days seems like not so much of an eternity.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Big D...we are gettin' it this year.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    Steelers vs Bears
  • Seattlema
    Seattlema Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So I know I will get some haters right off the bat, but I'm always been a rider for my SEAHAWKS! We are coming back for our title of NFC West Champs! Hopefully TJ will come out strong for us this season, if not he will get the door. My guy Marshawn Lynch will need to stay his butt out of trouble, we let go of Williams. We just need to stay healthy on both defensive ends and offensive. I got my hope high this season! BRING ON FOOTBALL!!! Woot Woot

Superbowl: I see possibly the Giants again. I pray to God NOT the Steelers!
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for football to get going. And yeah, I'm an awesome mom! I take my hub and 3 boys to Hooters for Superbowl Sunday.
    They love me. Or Hooters. I'm not absolutely sure.... ;)
  • jad54
    Options
    So I know I will get some haters right off the bat, but I'm always been a rider for my SEAHAWKS! We are coming back for our title of NFC West Champs! Hopefully TJ will come out strong for us this season, if not he will get the door. My guy Marshawn Lynch will need to stay his butt out of trouble, we let go of Williams. We just need to stay healthy on both defensive ends and offensive. I got my hope high this season! BRING ON FOOTBALL!!! Woot Woot

Superbowl: I see possibly the Giants again. I pray to God NOT the Steelers!

As a Notre Dame fan, I have high hopes for Golden Tate this year. I just can't rood for Petey the Poodle. Sorry!

How are training camps going? The Bears have been looking good, particularly on offense. Evan Rodriguez is the biggest surprise in camp thus far.
  • brun73
    brun73 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If the defense can actually HOLD a 4th quater lead this year.......Dallas all the way!!!!!