I have not lost weight nor inches can someone please help me

Options
I have been counting calories for about three weeks now, and I still have not lost any weight. My start weight was 191lbs and I am now 188 lbs, but my body continously teeter totter between the 188 and191 lbs. I don't know what i'm doing wrong since I stay within my caloric limit and do omitt 100 calories- 200 calories from my daily suggested diet of 1500 calories that was given to me by this website. I don't know how much my fat intake should be, but I do go by the calorie chart and do not go over my fat and carbs intake. However, i'm beginning to think that I should not be consuming as much fat and carbs that I am currently consuming but I don't know how that works, If someone could help me with that then that would be great. I am 5'6 and over weight and am literally a step away from being obese. I am scared and exhausted from playing diet games and I just want to see some real results. I do interval training, and weight training on the same day for an hour three times a week, and on the other days I just do light cardio for 20 minutes and weight training for an additional 25 minutes. I also have not lost weight or inches yet and I seriously need help. If anyone out there coul please help me that would be great because I don't know anymore about my daily nutritional intake than what has been provided by this website. PLEASE HELP ME:sad: :sad: I feel so bad right now.

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    3 weeks isn't really a long time and teetering between 188 and 191 you may be showing some progress. It is really hard to tell over a short period of time and I wonder if some of your progress is masked by water weight? Also, do you eat back any of your exercise calories? How have you been sleeping? Do you track everything you drink as well as eat? If you make your food diary public it will be easier for us to make suggestions as to where you might be going wrong. Stick with it. It takes time but this really does work.
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I do not know what types of food you are eating- but I would suggest staying away from all processed foods and processed meats. My trainers have me eating 5-6 meals a day, protein at each meal (fish, chicken or turkey) and 2 "good fats" a day (olive oil, avocado, peanut butter). Eating every 3 hours. So I start off in the within 1/2 hour of getting up eating Kashi Go Lean cereal with fresh blueberries and skim milk. Then mid morning I have a hard boiled egg or protein drink, then lunch (eat carbs at noon), then a mid afternoon snack (usually nuts) , then dinner (protein and veges). No protein from the deli counters, as it is processed and high in sodium. My trainer also said not to eat any food with more than 250 mg of sodium in it... (as a general rule). Hope this helps!
  • bortass
    bortass Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your excercise calories?

Something else to look at is what you are eating. A calories is a calorie, but where it comes from makes a difference. Carbs for example, you're better off getting carbs from veggies, beans, whole grain type foods then from white flour and sugar. What are you eating?

Are your clothes fitting any different?

Also I assume you're a woman, which means you have water weight fluctuations, etc caused by ToM.
  • jvannoy
    Options
    If you're just starting, here's my advice:
    1) Log everything you put in your mouth. For example, if you have a ham and cheese sandwich, don't forget to measure and log the mayo, butter, catsup, mustard! If you add 'just a little cream' to your coffee, you have to log it.
    2) Measure everything you put in your mouth. Use a set of measuring spoons and cups. Don't guess at anything. Don't think: it's about a half cup - measure out a half cup at the dinner table! Don't guess it must be a couple tablespoons of salad dressing - measure 2 tablespoons.
    It takes several weeks of doing this before you can accurately guess-imate your amounts. If you aren't logging everything and measuring everything, there's a good chance you are going over your calories without realizing it.
    and of course
    3) Exercise daily if possible
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • gclark316
    gclark316 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not sure how your diet looks but I cut my fat from probably 150g or more down to 50 or less. Calories are important to watch but not as much as making sure there not empty calories. I cut my calories down to 1200 and found that was not good either since then I have increased my calories back to around 2000 but am pushing myself harder at the gym. I'm gaining 1000 extra calories in excerise. I lift 5 days a week doing 30min fast walk on the incline trainer at about 25% incline before I lift. I follow that by doing abs everyday at the end of my workout. If you lift make sure to take protein in as well as a multi vitamin. Since Aug. I have went from 275 down to 222 and 4 pant sizes. I have not touched soda or fast food since late July and now it never sounds good. Keep going and push yourself your hard work will show it does take time. Just don't give up make the transformation happen. Good Luck!