Food

For me food is the biggest problem. I love food and I love to cook. But I cant seem to get enough into my body. And I have no idea how to change it! Or what food to eat more of. I anyone got any tips I would be so happy.

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    You could always exercise more... I love food too, that's how I got fat. I still love food so I exercise enough to make sure I can eat all I want.

Calories in vs. calories out!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    In my experience, your body gets used to the amount of food you're eating. So if you get disciplined and be really good for a week or two, you will get used to eating less. I've been at it (this time) for less than two weeks and already I'm used to eating less and wondering how I ate so much before.

Eat small portions of the tasty but not-so-good for you stuff, then fill up on veggies and healthy stuff. Better yet, eat the veggies first so you can feel both satisfied and full when you eat the yummy stuff.
  • Its some good answear but not quite what I was looking for. I need more food into my body, Im way under the 1200 calories you should eat a day.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    It's hard to give advice on eating when your diary is not viewable. Can you open it up?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    For me food is the biggest problem. I love food and I love to cook. But I cant seem to get enough into my body. And I have no idea how to change it! Or what food to eat more of. I anyone got any tips I would be so happy.

Are you saying that you need to eat more? Your diet is not open, but when someone says they can't get enough calories it's nearly always because they have cut too much fat from their diet. Fat has more than twice the calories of carbs and protein so it's good not to eat too much, but your body needs fat so if you are not meeting your goal add more healthy fats (nuts, seeds, avacado, olive or other vegetable oil) to your diet.
  • Yes thats what Im trying to say. I dont know how to open it. I havent started a diet or something, I have just always had that problem. Thank you for your tips.
  • I think I managed to open it now.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I'm not sure how many extra calories you are looking for. I would try dividing calories you tend to miss by 3.
    Try and add those calories to each meal.

Adding one ounce/table spoon to every portion you eat, can add in a lot easily. An extra slice(s) of cheese or meat can go a long way. Not all tortillas are equal. they range in 10-40 cals between sizes/brands. If your snacks consist of yogurt and fruit, try adding almond slivers. (You can add this to your oatmeal, too) dried fruits are calorie rich as well as nutrient dense.

making a bag of mixed dried fruits & nuts to equate what you need to make up can also be easy, and just munch on it during breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. When I got sick and needed to gain 30lbs, it was so difficult, but extra snacks between meals helped tremendously. My choice of snack was crackers and tuna salad. It had a good balance of protein and carbs.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Not much to go on in the diary, but if that is representative, you are missing a lot of fruits, vegetables, dairy products, etc. Eat more of those, and you should have no trouble reaching your goals.
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Eating 1200 calories a day really isn't that hard. If you're having trouble, eat more calorie dense foods, and stay away from low-fat foods. For example, peanut butter/bannana on toast, and ranch dressing on a salad.