a decent H/R monitor w/cal counter

Options
my boyfriend and i do insanity and are completely different sizes (im short and pudgy , hes tall and thin) so when it come to tracking our insanity calories im rather lost and keeping my heart rate steady(ish) i got the walmart one thus far i am not loving it :/

Replies

• aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have the PolarF4 and I love it. But (and not to be rude :) ) if you just search the forums you'll find a million responses and opinions! Polar seems to be the top rated and most accurate. (I got mine off of BodyTronics.com for $62 including free shipping)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I got the Polar FT4 off Amazon and I too love it!
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The polar ones work well, had one for a while. Switched to suunto a few years back and will never look back. You will pay a little more but the chest strap is so much more comfortable, the menu is far batter and they look and feel a million times better. I can wear it out and not feel like I'm wearing a heart rate monitor. They are low profile and the bands are nice and plyable. You really won't go wrong with polar, just my two cents. The web app is also pretty sweet with suunto.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7, it's great!!! I got it from bodytronics.com, it was pretty decently priced
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 also. It's great, does everything that I need it to do.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    The Polar F4 is an older, discontinued model. What you probably want is the FT4. That's the current model. Amazon probably has the best price. I have the FT7, which is essentially the same monitor with a few extra bells and whistles and it works great. I've had Polar monitors for the last twenty years and they are the gold standard.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    polar ft7!!! go online to bodytronics.. and when you go to pay put in "POPO" (minus the quotes) and saves u a few bux..
    its a prety penny.. about $68 (but body tronics is cheaper then amazon and stores... and i just got mine and love it!! just used it for first time .. and its very accurate.. i have 2 friends that have it and love it too and it is the model that does not inter mix /connect w/other HRM (most do) (like if you and your man both have them it can inter connect/messing up your actual calories burned!:angry: my friend has the ft 4 and loves it too
  • aliciagudino
    aliciagudino Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The Polar F4 is an older, discontinued model. What you probably want is the FT4. That's the current model. Amazon probably has the best price. I have the FT7, which is essentially the same monitor with a few extra bells and whistles and it works great. I've had Polar monitors for the last twenty years and they are the gold standard.

My bad, I meant I have the PolarFT4, just got it about 2 months ago. :)
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    looks like i need to just invest the money cause i hate this one thanks guys ive been leaning towards the polar 4! im so new to this!
  • SpiffyMom87
    SpiffyMom87 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thank you this is amazing info!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Check out the Garmins too. I have a Garmin and love it:)