Here I go again!!!!!!!

Options
Hi everyone. I am a 32 year old mother of a beautiful 4 year old little boy. I've been married for 12 years now. I was told about this website from a friend. This is my 4th day and I think it is GREAT! I started exercising and being on a diet 2 weeks ago AGAIN. I've been a big girl ALL my life but never like now. I have to lose at least 115 lbs. My first week which was last week I lost 7 lbs. I'm also exercising 4 times a week. (I'm still in shock that I am exercising). I'm excited about losing the weight again. I once lost 70 lbs. but I had a personal trainer plus a nutritionist and I definately can't afford that right now. I'm just afraid of failing just like I always do. I start a diet and then I stop. Well, blessings to eveyone!

Replies

• abalvarado90
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am a 32 year old mother of a beautiful 4 year old little boy. I've been married for 12 years now. I was told about this website from a friend. This is my 4th day and I think it is GREAT! I started exercising and being on a diet 2 weeks ago AGAIN. I've been a big girl ALL my life but never like now. I have to lose at least 115 lbs. My first week which was last week I lost 7 lbs. I'm also exercising 4 times a week. (I'm still in shock that I am exercising). I'm excited about losing the weight again. I once lost 70 lbs. but I had a personal trainer plus a nutritionist and I definately can't afford that right now. I'm just afraid of failing just like I always do. I start a diet and then I stop. Well, blessings to eveyone!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great place to be and congratulations to yur success so far. Exercising is hard to start doing but you are in a routine it is hard to stop. Best of luck to you!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet because they don't work!

What MFP does is help you adopt a new style of healthy eating, which you can maintain for the rest of your life.

And, welcome!
  • abalvarado90
    Options
    Thanks guys. It's very nice to have support like this. We are all in this TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • ccropley1
    ccropley1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I know how it feels to go up and down in weight. What I do is just think about how good it felt when I was as the weight where I wanted to be or some what close. I try thinking about how happy I was, and how good I felt. Sometimes I might even dig out pictures for proof. I tell myself that I did it once, and that I know I can do it again.

Just think of everyone on this site as your personal trainer and your nutritionist. Everyone will help as best they can. Just try keeping that vision of sucess in your mind and that you did it once, so it is possible.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I think you will do great on this site, it makes a world of difference to have all the MFPal's on here to help and motivate each other. They all care and understand our situations. I didn't think I would do this well either and this is week 11 for me. It has changed my way of how I look at food now as far as what is nutritious instead of just stuffing my face with anything and everything. Read the posts from other members or ask your own questions and enjoy the new you.:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I don't think it really matters if you've started and failed a hundred times. What really matters is that you are here and ready to try again. This site is so great because it's so easy to use. If you are honest about logging your food and exercise, you will be able to see what you have been doing wrong. It's also great because of the advice you read, the information other members find and post, the recipes, and the spirit of community the members have here. Everybody is encouraging and truly wanting others to succeed. So welcome, keep trying, and be proud of yourself for finding this great tool.
  • abalvarado90
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone. I will keep all of your advices. Quick question. I always stay under in calories, carbs and fats but almost always seem to go over protein... Is this bad? If it is, how much is bad? Can someone help me?
    Thanks
  • abalvarado90
    Options
    Hello to all my friends again. Just wanted to share the great news with you. I lost another 5 lbs. I have lost a total of 12 lbs. in 2 weeks! I am soooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've read earlier posts on here that mentioned the same problem. People said the protein levels are set kind of low on this site. Obviously what you are doing is working, so I wouldn't worry about going over on protein.