Need Interesting, Varied, Pescetarian/Vegetarian Diaries

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I am trying to eat mostly cleanish with the odd treat (chocolate, ice cream, cake), but my issue is I am hopelessly uncreative in the kitchen and end up eating just steamed fish, boiled vegetables and pretty basic things everyday, and ending up feeling incredibly bored and prone to binge eating.

So I need some friends or people with diaries that have more interesting healthy meals, and even healthy, quick homemade desserts/things made using protein powder etc.

Thanks.

Replies

• myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i pretty much LIVE on baked salmon. spray a pan with pam or some other nonstick, drizzle the salmon steak with olive oil, rosemary, & thyme. bake at 350 for about 20 mins and mmm, mmm. tasty.
  • heidikat72
    heidikat72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    check out the cookbook The Vegetarian Bible - it's chock full of easy to prepare vegetarian recipes that don't require a lot of weird ingredients. And even gives tips for making a lot of them vegan. Since I decided to change the way I eat back in January, I try to eat vegan several days a week and that cookbook has been a godsend when I get bored with just steamed and sautees.
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Interested in what people will be sharing in this post.
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2338

The avocado girlfredo is AMAZING! My boyfriend and I made this last week and loved it, we used whole wheat pasta rather than tofu noodles though.
  • SusuAtta
    SusuAtta Posts: 56
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like! I follow a pescetarian diet, and I eat a lot of fruits and veggies (but also fit in treats, some healthier), and my diary is open to friends ^.^ and I like to experiment with foods, so you might see some variety in there haha
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I find a lot of fun veggie recipes on Pinterest if you use it :) I have been a veg for about... 18 years-- recently been enjoying Red Peppers Stuffed with Rice & Soysage, Quinoa Salad with Tofu, Buffalo Tempeh Wraps. Another great blog with recipes is No Meat Athlete :) I got a lot of fantastic recipes there while Si was training for a marathon this Spring.
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. Imp not sure how carried my diet is, but it might at least give you a coupe new ideas sometimes!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I don't know how interesting or varied my dairy is but its sure to have at least a few things that you haven't tried or had in a while. Feel free to add me.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the links, ideas and offers to add. I just find it a lot easier to come up with inspiration when I can see what others are doing. I tend to get stuck in ruts and routines. I do tend to avoid soya products as they disagree with me, but even something as simple as stuffed peppers is something I have never attempted. I want to get more creative with my vegetables and also find some healthy desserts/snacks to replace things like cookies and ice cream sometimes. I see people posting pictures of their really lovely and healthy looking meals, and am sure there must be some things that don't require hours in the kitchen.