does the 30 day shred work for smaller people?

Options
i've seen pictures of people with AMAZING results, but im only 125 pounds, i need to lose about 15 pounds. will the 30ds work for me too?

Replies

• steph2331
    steph2331 Posts: 106
    Options
    I would like to know too, I'm 120 lbs and just want my body to look better and have just started ripped in 30 which is similar! I guess we can only try!
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i completed day one, thought what the heck. i definitely feel it though!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You probably won't lose much weight, but you will lose inches. Skip the scale and focus on measurements. Good Luck! (I'm on Day 18 of the Shred. Haven't lost weight, but have lost inches.)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I was about 135ish when I started the shred. I lost an entire pant size.
  • mraemoore
    mraemoore Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been using Ripped in 30 which I think is the newer version of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (It could be the other way around I'm not 100% sure.) The program is a 30 day program with a series of 4 workouts. You do week 1 week 2 and so on. I started out at 176.8lb and began using my fitness pal as well as Ripped in 30 3 weeks go. So far I've lost 9lbs and I have lost several inches! I wish I would have measured myself prior to starting the diet and excersize programs because I have noticed major differences in how my clothes fit. My arms legs and midsection are all getting notceably smaller. Also every time I do a workout it feels easier than the last time. I could only assume that being as small as you are you would see excellent toning results from any of Jillian's programs. You should get better results than bigger girls if you stick to it! I still have a decent amount of fat to burn off before I start seeing any real toning but my muscles are definitely bigger and stronger and I've seen a major improvement in that nasty cellulite too!

Since I started Ripped in 30 being completely out of shape I actually did the week 1 workout for 2 weeks and I'm just now starting week 2. I wanted to be really comfortable with all the week 1 stuff before I faced the challenges of week 2. If you haven't tried it you should! I bought it because it was a lot less expensive than P90X and Insanity.
  • naomisaunt
    Options
    You sound exactly like me! I was the same weight, with close to the same goal weight. I've been through the 30DS twice now. Don't expect to lose many pounds, but you will definitely firm up and lose inches. The best luck that I've had in losing pounds has been to do more cardio and counting calories. Focus on inches and clothes size rather than weight. I'm now the size that I wanted to be, even though I'm not at the weight I was hoping for, and I'm okay with that.
  • Joorrrrdddyyn
    Joorrrrdddyyn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i was gunna do ripped in 30 when i finished w/ the shred, glad to see it works. (: & congrats on the weightloss. your doing great!