Nutella breakdown

Options
So I had a bit of a breakdown this morning with a jar of Nutella. I don't often buy it, because when I do it usually results in me finishing off the jar within a few days. I was doing well the first few days with a tbsp on some toast once a day. Then it was just a jar and spoon. Then it was about 6 tbsp for breakfast this morning. Ugh. So I am throwing out what is left and going to eat lightly for the rest of the day and exercise to see if I can still reach my daily calorie goal.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PB2 with chocolate .... yum!

http://www.amazon.com/Plantation-PB2-Premium-Chocolate-16-Ounce/dp/B005DFL4PM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343683068&sr=8-1&keywords=pb2+with+chocolate

Yeah - I've learned (the hard way) I can't have rice krispie treats in the house .... they are low fat .... but seriously, when you finish the whole box in like 2 days .... sheesh!
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ha love the title!

I'd be the same. This might not be the right place but have you had nutella swirl cupcakes?

Oh em eff geee!
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Same way. I bought a jar of nutella thinking it would be perfect to cave off my chocolate fix. But, one little nibble leads to the whole jar being gone. I won't buy any more until I have more self control! So I've subbed in chocolate pudding cups...Actually eating one right now. :)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I can't buy it anymore cuz I go through a large jar in two days. I love it soooo much!!

14877786.png
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    6 Tbsp? That's awesome.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    So I had a bit of a breakdown this morning with a jar of Nutella. I don't often buy it, because when I do it usually results in me finishing off the jar within a few days. I was doing well the first few days with a tbsp on some toast once a day. Then it was just a jar and spoon. Then it was about 6 tbsp for breakfast this morning. Ugh. So I am throwing out what is left and going to eat lightly for the rest of the day and exercise to see if I can still reach my daily calorie goal.

Apparently my thing is cake. I haven't made dessert in ages, so I thought it would be nice to have some. I made it Saturday. I'm the only one in the house who likes cake. It's half gone. *hangs head in shame*

At least you are willing to throw the nutella out and start anew. I'll continue to spend the next three days cramming that cake into my calorie goal. Oh wait, I think I see the problem... :tongue:
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Nutella is that cruel biotch that I just can't resist. You gotta go cold turkey and just break away from it. I managed to move to peanut butter and now I am looking to go to PB2.
  • sedb
    sedb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So glad Im not the only one with this problem :)
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    LMAO.. I just finished the Nutella & Go snackcup. It was delish. I usually eat one of these for lunch with my protein shake. It takes the edge off my hunger and fills me up till dinner time.

It works for me cuz I can get my chocolate fix.
  • texaricangirasol
    texaricangirasol Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but I bought the Fiber one chocolate brownies to take care of my chocolate craving. 90 calories for just one. It is the right amount of sweet and chocolate for me.

For the love of nutella, try to only get one to go pack. I found them at walmart for a dollar and since i only see one at the house i wait until i want it and not get another one until the following week. I had one for a month before i ate it:)
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Back when I was in college, there was one lad I shared a house with, keen racing cyclist who could have eaten for england, if not for the entire world. His usual trick after the sunday "club run" (call it 70-110 miles on the pushbike) was to wander into the kitchen with 4 bananas and a pot of nutella - he'd strip the foil from the jar, and put it in the microwave for a minute or two, and drink the resulting hot melted mess, pausing only to stuff bananas down his gullet. He was 5'11" tall, weighed under 140lb, and looked like he'd just been released from Belsen! Saw him a couple of years ago, he's still as thin as a stick, still riding/racing the bike, and still eating as if in preperation for the mother and father of all famines...
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    6 Tbsp? That's awesome.

this.
    i would live off nutella and/or pb till the day i die if i could. nomnom
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    can it get any better than this?:happy: Nutella covered bacon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvpdZACEJAugNiydDu8U61wGa0FiaeSkjQfdgrBI-qs4sRNPIqQQ
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    6 Tbsp? That's awesome.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Get it out of your house NOW!
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    There are some foods that will never step foot in my house. I think that's the best thing to do.... just don't buy them. It's way too tempting.
  • jabosu
    jabosu Posts: 9
    Options
    So jealous! The last time I had Nutella I almost died....allergic reaction. Called 911 for myself before my throat closed shut.....was very scarey. And now they make it in BIG jars....sniff....sniff.....
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Exactly why I don't keep that in my house. I love Nutella, but I'd do the exact same thing! Especially, with chips or cookies. I have to avoid buying the sweets.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    can it get any better than this?:happy: Nutella covered bacon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvpdZACEJAugNiydDu8U61wGa0FiaeSkjQfdgrBI-qs4sRNPIqQQ

You stop that! :tongue:
  • imogenjade
    imogenjade Posts: 131
    Options
    i eat it like its a yogurt. i have to avoid it and the peanut butter. too tempting xxx