Suday Funday, our drink day

Options
magj0y
magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
Sunday nights 9-12, we drink with friends, and my average amount of drink calories I consume is around 1900 cals. (I can't drink beer) It's the only night I drink outside of the the occasional friday.

Are there any other ways to incorporate a "cheat day" Increase exercise? have a decent deficit every day? I have seen websites talk about a 'zig zag' diet. where at the end of the week, it will all add up to the weekly calorie count you need.

Replies

• AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    BUMP ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Those things should work as long as your weekly calories add up correctly.

What are you drinking? Mixed drinks? An ounce of hard liquor is only about 70 calories. If you drink something like vodka and Diet Coke you could have 27 drinks before you got 1900 calories.
  • awaters24
    awaters24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Vodka and Soda water(or sparkling water for Americans). You could have about 38 of those before you got to 1900 calories, or you could drink a sensible amount of it an save a lot of calories. My social life is basically built around drinking with friends, I had to adapt or live like a monk.
  • LydsVille77
    LydsVille77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers did something like that, basically you had a day and a half worth of extra "points" to use as allowance any time through the week (i assume there was a small daily deficit to allow this, but so worth it). I always used mine on Saturday nights and never gained weight unless i used more than my allowance.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    My choice is a woo woo (cran, vokda and peach schnapps.) Plus all the rounds of shots. Most sodas and other types of alcohol sadly don't sit well with me. I can't live like a monk! 1900 almost includes the typical amount of shot rounds. The occasional BYOB friday is diet sunkist and whipped pinnacle.. so 130'ish cals per drink there. We're heavy drinkers with an unnatural tolerance for alcohol, so that's a sad factor as well. ...pacing... pacing.. not easy for me! I can easily pace food and work outs... just a hard time with alcohol.