• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    What I do: Computer Systems Engineer and Professional Cat Herder

What I want to do: Full time photographer
  • julialla
    julialla Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a dream job per se...But want I want to do always changes, the older I get, the more schooling I receive, and more I change as a person. But, at this very moment, I would love to own a successful real estate brokerage, while making a nice chunk of change out of the stock market with my future (hopefully!) finance degree.

But, my ultimate dream would have to involve working with animals. Have my own show on Animal Planet of some sort. So either or :)
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Face actress of a princess in Disney World for parades and meet-and-greets

Dolphin trainer and performer

There's no way in hell any of that's happening though.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Ski instructor in winter and Mountain bike guide in summer!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    As an undergrad helper in a toxicology lab I was PAID to go catch largemouth bass for an experiment.

We were monitoring a local river by measuring feminization of male bass and correlating that to levels of DDE (DDT breakdown product) and chlordane in their environment.

My career has been all downhill from there...
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    As a young girl I wanted to be a hairdresser, I could do amazing thing to my hair and people would be stunned.
    Then as a teenager I wanted to make jewelery.
    I have wanted to be so many things except my vision has made it unpossible.
    Now I´m thinking of taking english in uni and become a translator or something like that.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Dream job: Professional world traveler.

Or I'll say a traveling nurse.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Irish_eyes75 Posts: 475
    Options
    I want to own a flower shop
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Was: Firefighter.
    Is: Well, I'm too old to be a boy toy so... I'd like to strip for blind women.
  • jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    Job now: mechanical assembler, which has been my dream job for years (just got the job two weeks ago)
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    I have always wanted to be a doctor. But thanks to my own medical issues and the high price tag on Med School, I don't know if I will be able to actualize that dream.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    As an undergrad helper in a toxicology lab I was PAID to go catch largemouth bass for an experiment.

We were monitoring a local river by measuring feminization of male bass and correlating that to levels of DDE (DDT breakdown product) and chlordane in their environment.

My career has been all downhill from there...

Hmm, that's why I love molecular biology. It's all about getting locked in a lab.
  • hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To be a nurse. To care for others when they cannot care for themselves. To be there for people at their worst or their best.

But if I could do it all over again, a forensic pathologist!
  • floersh21
    floersh21 Posts: 44
    Options
    I used to fight my pushy dad's pressure to become a physician like him ("NO TOYS TIL CLASS IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! YOU WILL GET A MATH TUTOR AND YOU WILL GO TO MEDICAL SCHOOL!" "But Daddy," I would whine, "I'm ten!" Classic.), so I convinced myself that I wanted to be an actress or a journalist for a long time. Now that I'm older, I've realized that deep down, I wanted to be a doctor all along. I am now pursuing an MD/PhD in neuroscience.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to be the voice you hear at airports..... "Smith, Michael Smith, please pick up a blue courtesy phone"..."Caution...moving walkway is coming to an end"...

You get the point.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    not having a "job", just enjoying what I do... :)
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Astronaunt
    Work for NASA
    Volcanologist

none came true:sad:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    To work along side Bear Grylls!

ugh...long as he didn't try to pee on me cuz i got bit or stung or whatever :laugh: :bigsmile:

Oh no worries you get to sleep in 5 star hotels after each shoot. No he doesn't really sleep in the wild. This is widely known too. Wes now hes a man.

My current job.. ISP Manager.

Dream job... to be Batman!

Seriously though I am seaking my dream job, Im not saying anything because I dont want to jinx it.
  • Tapemymouthshutplease
    Options
    Well, I originally wanted to be a rock star, but I wound up being a pharmacy technician. Go figure! Lol
  • fab_ridz
    fab_ridz Posts: 73
    Options
    Now: Studying to be a Registered Nurse (RN)
    Dream job: NICU RN/pediatrics RN