Here to gain weight and keep it on

Options
Hi I'm Gemma,

I'm here to gain weight and keep it on. I've battled to gain weight all my life, well at least since the first cutting insults and public ridicule for having the audacity to be skinny started.

If you like me just want to put on weight and be healthy then add me as a friend :D x

Replies

• GDPH
    GDPH Posts: 5
    Options
    Or if your here to loose weight and don't hate skinny people add me :) x
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I dont hate skinny people my goal is to lose about 7lb now and strenghthen and tone . All about the exercise for me add me if you like
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Don't hate anyone! Support is needed all around for struggles. This is for support not just weight loss. Add me if you want :)
  • Augustgal12
    Augustgal12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here to gain weight as well, feel free to add me. I had issues my whole life trying to keep weight on, just started again and more determine then ever.
  • GDPH
    Options
    Thank you for your positive response girls. I've added all 3 of you :D xx
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    am jealous of slim girls but who aint lol :D! i have 2 friends on MFP who are trying to gain weight and i befriended them so I could help look out for other people with the same goals. im happy to pass on there details via a msg or if youd like to add me, either way just let me know =]
  • GDPH
    Options
    Exactly!! Everyone seems to be jelous and they each have there own way of expressing it!!! Sometimes it's so rude yet It seems to be totally socially acceptable as long as its a girl who's small who's being humiliated or ridiculed!!

I think it must be very easy for people to forget when they are jealous, that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Not all skinny girls are small because they have an eating disorder, just as not all fat girls are that way because they do nothing but gorge on pies all day.

We are suppose to be different shapes and sizes. I wish the media would celebrate our differences rather than insight jealousy & hate.

Lol thanks for letting me get that off my chest!!

Thank you angelraguel thats very kind of you.

Unlike those of you who use this app to loose weight, people who use it to gain weight do not have full access to this apps features i.e. unable to use 'member search' to find friends who share the same goal (gain weight). & no profile badge to celebrate doing well!!

So putting us in touch would be a very nice thing to do. I have also added you if you would like to be friends. : )
  • 2drunk
    2drunk Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi welcome, another weightgainer here ;)

perhaps we can share some experiences(ideas) with that issue. If you want to add me ..feel free
    GL in achieving your goals.
  • Augustgal12
    Augustgal12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone with their goals! I have friends tell me they wish they were skinny like me, when really I'm wishing i was like them, you know how hard it is at times to find clothes that fit just right, or not get tired so easily. I found when i had more weight I was more energize. I have change my workout routine again, so my fingers are crossed that this is the one to get me started :)
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i would never be rude to a slim girl no matter how jealous I am =] i just wish there was a forum on here specifically for people trying to gain weight as many people find it hard on here to find people trying to gain which is why I have added people trying to gain weight so I can link them all up =D! ive sent you the 2 links for the people and will keep you added just incase i find others wanting the same goals as you =] BUMP