Calories Burned

Options
What type of workout should I consider INSANITY to be? Cardio, calthestics, aerobics , or circuit?

Replies

• MommaSpunk
    MommaSpunk Posts: 113
    Options
    I need to know so when I start on the first I will know what to use for Calories burned...HELP
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Get an HRM and then add the excersie to your data base. its very hard to judge cals burned with that. I over estimated on some workouts and not enough on others.
    but i put it under cardio so that I could log cals burned.
  • yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I chose my excercises on what I enjoy doing, It should be fun, mind stimulating and involve what will
    keep you motivated to do it. Over the years my programme has changed regulary as my tastes and what I
    enjoy have changed, At mo I do RPM, I love anything with loud motivating music that gives me rythum.
  • MommaSpunk
    Options
    I cant afford a HRM at the moment I wish I could because it would be so helpful.. So at the moment I am trying to use something on here to guess ti mate with and I'd rather aim lower than too high.
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would log it as high impact aerobics. I do not have a HRM either.
  • MommaSpunk
    Options
    Thats what I'll base teh cal rating off then..I was in debate between it and those otehrs but in a way feels like aerobics to me...well havent done it yet..so let me say looks like it would! lol
  • DaleAnn82
    DaleAnn82 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am currently on my last week of Insanity. You can also use Circuit Training. I have a HRM and what the exercises on myfitnesspal said I was burning was more than I actually burned. HRM's are not that expensive. Sportline makes affordable ones at about $50-60. I know! $20 can be too much sometimes, but just wanted to throw that out there. I have the Cardio 660 ($69) but the cardio 630 is $49. Let me know what you think of Insanity. Don't give up after the first day! I nearly threw up the first day and it was only the fit test. But it does get "easier". Good luck!!!
  • MommaSpunk
    Options
    I hope it does....but I know its going to be hard.. I know I am going to hate it at first and I know I am going to want to quit....but in the end I know I need this because I want down to 125 by Januray and I need all the help I can get!
  • MommaSpunk
    Options
    How much weight have you lost on it