Any challenges for August?

Options
I am looking for a new challenge for August. I did the 24 hours of work out in June and attempted the Lose 5 pounds in July (didn't work out too well).

I would love to do another 24 hours in August or something new. I couldn't seem to find any on the boards yet and August is in two days!

Thanks!

Replies

• JOHNSONBRIDGETTE
    Options
    my name johnsonbridgette
    i am ready to take that challenges !!!!!!! :wink:
  • myateam4
    myateam4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I will be starting a challenge workout based w/ some focus on nutrition this afternoon. My facebook group is located at http://www.facebook.com/groups/198883410238301/ and any women are welcome to join. Daily motivation is key!!!! I would love to help you get to your goals!!!
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am aslo looking for an August challenge. I havent done any of the monthly challenges and really want to do one. Ill keep checking back :)
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'll be going to Turkiye in August to visit my husband who I have not seen since April. I will have many challenges, namely A) explaining how I have managed to lose so much weight in that time when I was supposed to (he told me to) GAIN weight as (for him) I was too skinny before, B) try to maintain my current weight even though I net about 7/8/900 cal's a day and out there a breakfast can easily add up to at least 900 cal's, plus lunch, plus dinner, plus cakes/snacks, plus alcohol.
    My August challenge will be to not come back 20lb heavier than I went! :noway:
  • classictoaster
    Options
    My challenge to myself is to lose just 3 lb. That's all I'm asking!
  • Lovingmyboys89
    Lovingmyboys89 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I would love to join an august challenge as well. I am new to this site (joined years ago, but finally came around to getting on). And a challenge would be great motivation right now.....??????
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There was a "31 miles in July" challenge group that I had joined, and then couldn't finish because of some health issues. I'm back to regular workout schedules now, so that might be a fun one. The goal was 31 miles throughout the month, walking, running, biking, swimming, whatever your preferred exercise is. I'll take a look at the forums and see if I can get a group going for it, I like the idea of logging in regularly to post your progress and keep each other encouraged.
  • MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OK, I just created a group for this, called "August Mile-A-Day Challenge". Any who are interested are welcome to join, it's open to all!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    saw a post about "no alcohol in august" challenge earlier today. i didn't join. i'm sure you'll find it if you search it.