I need some advice please!!

Options
I know that I have asked this question several times but I just need someone to reassure me that I am doing right. I have started to MFP several times and just have not been able to stick with it. My daughter got a wii fitness for Christmas and when I got on it and it told me that I was obese that really opened my eyes and I am going to get this weight off!!! The problem that I am having is all the calories that I have to eat in one day. It seems like all I ever do is make myself eat. I know that sounds crazy and I don’t know if it is because I am eating better foods now or if it because I am trying to exercise too much. Please tell me if I should just not eat my extra calories or if I should stop exercising so much or if I should just quit complaining and do what I am doing and just expect to see so results soon. Thanks in advance for your help!!

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you supposed to be eating daily?

How many extra calories are you burning from daily exercise?

How many calories are you generally eating?
  • christyodom2
    christyodom2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 calories and it added 697 calories for my exercises which gave me a total of 1897 calories today.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise, and where are you getting the numbers for calorie burn? Also, what is your age/height/weight?
  • christyodom2
    Options
    I am 5-4 and 190 pounds. I am walking for 20 minutes= 72 burned calories, bicycling for 15 minutes= 151 burned calories, step aerobics with 6-8 inch step for 20 minutes=244 calories burned and running in place for 20minutes=230 burned calories. I am getting my calories burned from exercises on MFP.
  • christyodom2
    Options
    Oh and I am 33 years old.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Those amounts look reasonable to me. Eat what MFP recommends. If, after a couple WEEKS (not days) you see absolutely no improvement in weight OR inches (more importantly), cut back by about 100 calories. It's much easier to start off a bit higher and have room to decrease the calories than to start too low and drastically reduce your BMR.
  • christyodom2
    Options
    Thank you so much. I will keep doing what it tells me. I hope that it works. I want to lose weight so bad!! Thanks again.