Disappointed!

Options
Today was the first day i havent lost since i started in may! VERY disappointed :-(

Replies

• natasha150
    natasha150 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hang in there - sometimes our body fights us before conceding that it needs to let go of the fat that its holding on to.

it could be worse - you could put on weight. I put on half a kilo this week whilst my partner lost 1.5 kgs on the same diet. but dont despair - i am sure you will see movement by next week.
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    So a couple things for you from someone else who weighs themselves once if not multiple times a day. If you are going to do it and allow it to bring you down then STOP. If you are going to do it as inspiration to do better tomorrow then I don't see it as being unhealthy.

As far as your diet, I don't see you logging your water intake. You need to be drinking at least 64oz a day. Also your protein intake seems very low. I know you are hitting your calorie intake pretty well, but you really need to have 1g/pound you weigh of protein a day to feed your muscle. This is just stuff I've learned by being on this site. Hopefully we can get other people to chime in.

I think you are doing well. I don't think 1 day without losing weight is a big deal. Maybe you didn't drink enough water and your body is retaining water instead. So many factors here. If you went a month without losing water then maybe we'd have an issue. You can do this, ask a lot of questions and you will do very well!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that. The sun will still come up tomorrow. It stinks and it hurts but you can do this. Forget about it as best you can. I was really bummed the first time, too. Tomorrow is another day. As the caption on a poster with a cat hanging,"Tie a knot in your tail and hang on". :wink:
  • kd51411
    kd51411 Posts: 33
    Options
    ( I meant to say the first week i havent lost weight- i weigh once/week) but I do see your point! Thanks for your post! :happy:
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to how you feel. I just started month 3 . I weighed in on sat and didnt lose a single pound...then i weighed today which is my actual weigh day and i lost 1 pound. So that made me feel good but i would have preferred a lil more being that my first month i lost 17lbs and my second 11lbs. But its going in the right direction so keep going on and dont let it get you down for very long.