2nd Goal Reached

Options
dickster1961
dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
When I started using MFP, in addition to setting an overall weight loss goal of 60 pounds, I decided to set some mini goals for myself. I figured that if I only set an overall loss of 60 pounds that I might feel like it was too daunting a task and lose motivation. By having multiple goals, I could stay motivated by having a more easily attainable goal in front of me.

I officially started my weight loss quest at 230 pounds. That gave me a BMI of 33 which was in the obese range. My first goal was to get out of the obese range and get my BMI under 30. I reached that goal exactly one month ago. I weighted 209 at the time.

The second goal was to get my weight under 200 pounds. It has been a long time since I have stepped on a scale and not see the weight start with a 2. To be honest, I am not sure how long it has been since I have been under 200 pounds, but know it has been several years, at least 10 years and maybe closer to 20. This morning, I stepped on the scale and it read 198.5 pounds.

Originally, I was going to have 180 pound as my next goal. Now I am thinking that I am going to break the mini goals into 10 pound increments and set 190 as my next target. My ultimate goal is to get down to 170 pounds which would put my BMI into the healthy range.

Replies

• Julietecosse
    Julietecosse Posts: 165
    Options
    Congratulations. You are doing so well. Keep going and keep losing.
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up!
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think that is a great outlook you have! One I need to adapt myself.... Stop looking at the whole pie chart and break it down into small 10lb bites.

Congratulations on your wonderful success!
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! Setting mini-goals really helped me also. It seemed much less daunting than the whole amount at once!
  • dickster1961
    dickster1961 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    thanks for the encouragement. the mini goals has really helped me mentally. Of late, the pounds are coming off a little more slowly, so having them in 10 pound increments will help keep me from getting too discouraged
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!