only 1lb in 1 month

Options
mallinds
mallinds Posts: 26 Member
Ok... Take a look at my diary (I think it is open) and let me know what I should change/add.

I tend to 'cheat' on the weekends and drink (1-5 drinks) on Saturday. Other than that I'm open to suggestions for foods during the week (esp snacks and lunch).

Replies

• curtnrod
    curtnrod Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public :(
  • mallinds
    Options
    It should be now!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Try to get your cals and macros in daily.

Are you doing cardio every day?
  • mallinds
    Options
    I've switched from high intensity (boot camp style) everyday to doing pure barre DVDs 3 times a week, running (when I can) and boot camp 1-2 times a week.

I strive to work out 6 days but usually work out 4-5 days a week.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Try tracking your sodium? It doesn't look like it would be high based on the rest of your diary, but it can't hurt to check.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    start taking comparison pictures... I have not lost any weight since early June BUT there is a noticeable difference in my pictures from 6/10 and 7/20
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I've switched from high intensity (boot camp style) everyday to doing pure barre DVDs 3 times a week, running (when I can) and boot camp 1-2 times a week.

I strive to work out 6 days but usually work out 4-5 days a week.

Try an abbreviated routine 3x a week and see if you get changes.

When cutting cals its sometimes counterproductive to workout every day.
  • chloenmiller
    chloenmiller Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I looked at 4 random days over the past month.. And you had pretty high carb intake (around 200g) each day, you could try carb-cycling! Some people love it, I have not tried it, though so I cannot speak for it. But I would also start taking measurements because you could be losing a lot of inches, but not losing that much weight.
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I looked at the last week or so in your food diary, and I'd say cut the cereal and frozen meals and try to up your protein.

Most cereals (even those that are advertised as "whole grain") don't do much for your body. I try not to eat cereal at all, but if I do, it's for a snack. It is definitely not how I would want to get my body started in the morning. I opt for eggs/omelets or half of a whole wheat bagel (check the label, not just the advertisement on the front of the package) with light cream cheese, tomato, and smoked salmon for protein. I also usually eat a little fruit in the morning as well.

If the meal is frozen, it probably isn't doing much for your body, despite the "Low Fat/No Fat/Low Calorie" labels they have.

Watch out for sodium and high fructose corn syrup.

Hope that helps. :)
  • mallinds
    Options
    I usually don't eat cereal I just didn't have time last week to make my 'home made egg mcmuffin'

1 egg (doing egg whites this time)
    1 slice of ham
    1 whole wheat english muffin.

The frozen meals are a big crutch :( I'm trying to limit it to once or twice a week.

Thanks for the tips!
  • mallinds
    Options
    I haven't even heard of carb-cycling! I'll do some research on it!

So far the past month i've lost .5 from my waist, 1 from my hips and 0 from my bust. So I guess that is progress!!
  • aamberrr
    aamberrr Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat cereal I just didn't have time last week to make my 'home made egg mcmuffin'

1 egg (doing egg whites this time)
    1 slice of ham
    1 whole wheat english muffin.

The frozen meals are a big crutch :( I'm trying to limit it to once or twice a week.

Thanks for the tips!

Oh ok, that's what I get for only looking at the past week! :-P The frozen meals are tough... I've been trying to get my mom to stop eating them, as well (she just found out she has high cholesterol and her insulin levels are too high). The problem with them is that they are so quick and convenient, and relatively inexpensive, and the truth is you CAN lose weight by including them in your diet. However, that doesn't mean they're actually good for you since they're so processed. Good luck! :)
  • Cristofori44
    Cristofori44 Posts: 201
    Options
    Can't help without stats--height and weight--and your activity level (sedentary, lightly active).

Also, you're not logging exercise. Better way to do it is to set your activity level based on your job, subtract the exercise when you do it, then eat back to your net.
  • mallinds
    Options
    Hey

5'4, 164lbs, 30% body fat

I sit at at desk all day (8hours) go to class 2 twice a week hours) and my commute to class is 1 hour each way (so 4 hours).

I workout 5-6 times a week -I am tracking my exercise but maybe it is private? I've typically been doing pure barre and running sometimes i throw a boot camp in there.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try adding a weighlifting routine to your exercise. It doesn't burn as many calories as cardio but will make you stronger and help shape your body and build muscles.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are drinking enough water as well. You might be retaining water from excess carb/sodium, and lots of water will help with that.
  • mallinds
    Options
    Thanks!!! I usually get weightlifting in through this impact (kinda a lower end of crossfit) class but I should add more free weights/kettle bells.
  • stinktables
    Options
    I started drinking a coffee infused with 100% certified ganoderma extract and I promise you I feel great, have lots of energy and have lost 6lbs in nine days just from drinking the coffee once a day. By the way I have a sednetary job also. Just wanted to share this info and help others.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options

So far the past month i've lost .5 from my waist, 1 from my hips and 0 from my bust. So I guess that is progress!!

That's excellent progress! Measurements are often far more useful than the scale. Keep up the good work!