Low Calorie Ice Cream Recipe Using Protein Powder?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Anyone experimented and come up with a formula that isn't too high in fat or calories?
Thanks.

Replies

• Paulbp4
    Paulbp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Its not ice cream... but cottage cheese mixed with whatever flavor protein powder you want (in a blender) and maybe some Stevia...
    Refrigerate or put in freezer for a bit and then enjoy! its more like frozen yogurt.

Cottage cheese icecream. many variations out there.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    All I do is freeze my protein shake - almond milk, non-fat greek yogurt, chia seeds, protein powder, fruits if I feel like it.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
  • Ainslee921
    Ainslee921 Posts: 11
    Options
    Do you like bananas? I always find them a great substitute for ice cream; I wait until they're very ripe, and throw them in a bag into the freezer because I think they have a wonder, creamy consistency that makes me feel like I'm eating ice cream. Here's a low cal adaptable recipe that I use; low calorie, high protein; you can always substitute chocolate whey protein powder instead of vanilla and I just dump everything into my blender for a yummy soft serve treat: http://livewell360.com/2009/11/frozen-banana-protein-ice-cream/
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Saved
  • jadiebabie2
    jadiebabie2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream Ingredients:
    2 servings vanilla Proto Whey (you can use any protein powder)
    1 tblsp cinnamon
    1 large ripe banana
    2 tblsp natvia or stevia (or more if you want it sweeter)
    200g cottage cheese
    ½ tsp Xanthan Gum (Optional but it makes it thicker and creamier)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    ¼ cup sugar free maple syrup (optional)
    250ml water (you may need to add more or less depending on your protein powder)

Blend all Ingredients together to have a thick runny consistency

Sticky Shredded Coconut:
    Line a baking tray with baking paper
    Spread shredded coconut in a thin layer over the tray
    Drizzle sugar free maple syrup over the coconut
    Place under the grill for 3-5mins, keep an eye on it until it is golden brown
    You may need to take it out to mix it around and place back in depending on your grill.

Either mix sticky coconut through the mixture or save it to serve crunchy on top later.

Pour ice cream mixture into a shallow container and freeze for approx. 4 hours

If you freeze it for longer or over night then it will go hard. In this case take out of freezer 10-20mins prior to serving to allow to soften.

Makes 2 servings