Which is better?

Options
Is it better to watch carbs or calories while trying to lose weight? please explain why.

thanks

Replies

• JenMarie8781
    JenMarie8781 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I go with calories... 'cause if you are within your calorie goal then you are most likely in the right range for carbs and everything else.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You need to START by watching your calories. You're not going to lose weight if you keep your carbs at a certain level but are still eating 5000 calories a day.

When you've got your calories under control then you should start watching your macros (carbs, protein, sugar, sodium) and keep within your daily limit.

It shouldn't be one or the other.
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    Calories. At least that is the most important consideration. I focus on having carbs as a lower part of my macros since protein helps me stay full, and a lot of carbs tends to prompt cravings... so that is why atkins works for me. It depends on what works best for you. You can always try out a few different ways of setting up your macros to see what you like best.
  • heretoloseit95
    Options
    I believe overall calories definitely matter the most :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Calories. It won't matter how many or how few carbs you eat if you are over on calories.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Calories. I actually never watch my carbs.
  • Lifestyle_change_get_fit
    Options
    Thank u all... i will continue counting my calories :)
  • amsohs85
    amsohs85 Posts: 166
    Options
    Both are important but i agree that lots of calories is never good. You should try to eat good slow burning carbs because they are essential for energy....you can find a list on the net.