fat from Olive oils and fish but over daily limit always

Options
I track my food religiously and work out regularly. I am really trying to do everything I can to lose this weight. I eat pretty healthy. I'm usually low on my carb intake and high on protein (though I recently adjusted it so it's a higher daily percentage). I eat a lot of vegetables, which I generally stir fry with extra virgin olive oil. I also eat salmon a few times a week. But I consistently go over my fat limits for the day. Not by much, but it's still annoying. If I'm working so hard to only eat "healthy" fats, is it a problem to be eating a few too many consistently? I'm not eating lard or processed food, but a tablespoon of evoo has like 10 to 14 grams of fat. They say they'e healthy fats - is this true? Good, bad? I'm a bit confused if I'm screwing my diet over just trying to cook my veggies!

Replies

• seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    what do you have your macros set at?
  • avigneault
    Options
    The fat is set at 15% of daily net cals. and it works out to a 21g allowance a day
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    your body can best utilize the nutrients in the veggies if you accompany them with natural fats. I would raise my fat limit - that will allow for the calories.
  • arowback
    arowback Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The fat is set at 15% of daily net cals. and it works out to a 21g allowance a day

Simple solution - raise your fat intake. 15% is low as it is. Raise it to 20-25%, which is far more reasonable.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Raise your fat to 40~ grams or more up to 30% of your calories. If no fat diet foods worked, many people wouldn't be on this site. Eat the necessary dietary fat and only reduce when you need to. Your body needs dietary fat to function.