Exercise video for beginners

Options
What videos would you recommend for someone who has not worked out in 3 years. I am really out of shape and just had a baby 8 weeks ago. Any suggestions would be great!

Replies

• gemgirlred
    gemgirlred Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    No one works out at home to videos?
  • danamarier
    danamarier Posts: 24
    Options
    I know they're super cheesy but on youtube there are Billy Blank's Tai-Bo videos.... like I said, mega cheesy but still an aerobic workout that would be adequate for beginners-intermediate I think.

My friends and I would work out to them but make sure that we dressed up in ugly 80`s-ish workout gear because we couldn`t bring ourselves to be serious about it :)
  • shrednyc85
    shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the 30 day shred - all levels are available free on youtube.

I too, was 3 years without exercising until recently, and the shred was the first thing i did. The first few days I felt like I was going to die - but I completed it (mind you, I did not go the whole 30 days straight, did 5-6x per week) and now I am onto other videos.

Good luck and feel free to friend me, I am always into having fellow moms as friends :)
  • tx_grl
    tx_grl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos have helped me in the past. You can find some of her videos on Amazon and even at Wal-mart. =)
  • KeiKun
    KeiKun Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred on Youtube. Try Day 1, the steps are easy, you don't need a loadda equipment and it's fun :bigsmile:
    Other than that....I like dance vids. If you can get 30 mins of dancing in a day it'll make a big difference
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone videos have helped me in the past. You can find some of her videos on Amazon and even at Wal-mart. =)

This. I love Walk Away the Pounds.

Also the Just My Size yoga rocks.
  • gemgirlred
    Options
    I highly recommend the 30 day shred - all levels are available free on youtube.

I too, was 3 years without exercising until recently, and the shred was the first thing i did. The first few days I felt like I was going to die - but I completed it (mind you, I did not go the whole 30 days straight, did 5-6x per week) and now I am onto other videos.

Good luck and feel free to friend me, I am always into having fellow moms as friends :)

I watched that one yesterday and thought I might die if I try. I will go ahead and try it tomorrow:)
  • gemgirlred
    Options
    30 Day Shred on Youtube. Try Day 1, the steps are easy, you don't need a loadda equipment and it's fun :bigsmile:
    Other than that....I like dance vids. If you can get 30 mins of dancing in a day it'll make a big difference

I use to dance all the time and loved it. I will definitely have to try and find some dance videos on youtube. Thank you!:happy:
  • gemgirlred
    Options
    I know they're super cheesy but on youtube there are Billy Blank's Tai-Bo videos.... like I said, mega cheesy but still an aerobic workout that would be adequate for beginners-intermediate I think.

My friends and I would work out to them but make sure that we dressed up in ugly 80`s-ish workout gear because we couldn`t bring ourselves to be serious about it :)

I might have to try that and get my husband to do it with me