What's your favorite breakfast?

Options
I believe that breakfast is one of the most trying meals of the day. I didn't eat breakfast throughout high school....as a matter of fact, it was until about a year ago that I started really trying to get breakfast every morning. But the problem is 1) Lack of time and 2) I HATE most breakfast foods. But I need something that fills me up and gives me the energy I need to get going so that I can have a good day!

I got to thinking that if I struggle with breakfast so much, other people probably do, too. So, share your favorite breakfasts!

Here's one of mine:

2 slices of turkey bacon - 60 calories
Scrambled eggs made with 1 egg and 2 egg whites and two tbsp. skim milk - 114 calories
Fresh salsa to zest up the eggs - 10 calories
1 cup of white grapes - 36 calories
1 cup of skim milk - 90 calories
1 cup of decaf chai tea, unsweetened
1 glass of water
Nutrition:
300 calories
41g carbs
6 g fat
44 g protein

All of that protein really gets me going! It also helps because I'm a former vegetarian, so I just don't eat a lot of meat at all (and I stick to fish and poultry). The only downside is that there's a bit of sodium in the turkey bacon. But, for the deliciousness and the low cal.s, I'm willing to cut sodium out of my lunch and dinner a bit more!

Replies

• phitme
    phitme Posts: 124
    Options
    My very favorite is protein pancakes. They look scary but they are absolutely awesome. Here is the recipe.

Protein Pancakes

1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
    1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese
    dash of cinnamon
    1/8 cup water
    1 packet of Splenda
    1/4 cup of egg whites

Put all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth and like cake batter. Pour onto med-high griddle or pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cook until the edges are brown and flip for another minute or two.

Nutritional Info
    • Servings Per Recipe: 2
    • Amount Per Serving
    • Calories: 152.2
    • Total Fat: 1.4 g
    • Cholesterol: 5.0 mg
    • Sodium: 289.2 mg
    • Total Carbs: 20.8 g
    • Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
    • Protein: 13.2 g

I normally omit the splenda & vanilla just because I don't need it. I usually eat with sugar free syrup becuase the real stufff is just too sweet for me.

ETA: I should have added that I normally make a nice big batch (for a couple weeks or so) and freeze them. I put them in the toaster here at work to defrost them. Works like a charm.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Both of these recipes sounds really good. I struggle with breakfast too. I love to eat it but always blow entirely too many calories first thing in the morning. Definitely going to try both suggestions!

Thanks for sharing!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Fast Breakfast more me is:

1 cup of Lowfat Vanilla Yogurt
    1/4 cup granola

Calories: 143 (depeding on yogurt)

If I have time in the morning.

I egg beaton with a little water (makes if fluffy), cook on the griddle with brocolli and some shredded cheese.

Calories: 150 or so
  • Luv2Scrap
    Options
    3 egg whites cooked, 51 calories
    1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, 110 calories
    1 TBS Oscar Mayer Bacon crumbled, 25 calories
    Lipton Hot Tea, 0 Calories
    1 oz. 1% Milk, 28 calories
    1 Splenda with Fiber, 0 Calories

Total Calories: 214
    Total Portein: 22g

I also like the Quaker Instant Oatmeal Weight Control Cinnamon Flavor. I keep them in my desk drawer at work in case I'm running late and don't have time to eat before I take the kids to school and get to work. Calories: 160 & 7 g protein

Another quick go to breakfast for me is Carnation Instant Breakfast (No Sugar Added) in the ready-made bottles. Calories, 150 calories & 13 g protein
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of white grapes, about the same amount of Blackberries, and one string cheese slice, and a cup of hot green tea, no sugar or cream. Doesn't sound like much, but it feels me up!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It changes some... I use different fruit, different flavored protein powder, etc. Today it was...

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
    1/2 c. whole cranberries
    1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1/4 scoop chocolate Shakeology
    1/4 c. cottage cheese
    1/2 oz walnuts

383 calories/ 47g carb/ 13g fat/ 27g protein/ 10g fiber

Very filling and delicious!!!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

1/4 cup granola

I egg beaton with a little water (makes if fluffy), cook on the griddle with brocolli and some shredded cheese.

Replacing milk with lowfat yogurt for your cereal is great, too. I sometimes do Special K with lowfat strawberry.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    1 plain rice cake (Quaker) 35 cal
    1 tblsp all natural p-nut butter (adams) 100 cal
    1 tblsp Smuckers Simply Fruit fruit spread (seedless red raspberry } 40 cal
    It's fast and fairly nutrtious for 175 cals
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    I need simple & quick, or I won't eat. I cook one pkg Quaker high fiber instant oatmeal (using 1/2 c. milk), then I mix in a single-serving cup of unsweatened apple sauce & 1/2 a scoop of protein powder. I stay full for hours, and I have a very active job.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    1 whole egg + 2 egg whites, scrambled
    1 slice light cheese
    1 turkey sausage patty
    1 light English muffin

As is, this equals out to about 290 calories. Could throw some veggies or salsa in with the eggs if you felt up to it!

This is my fave breakfast because it is delicious and is super fast. I make it in about 5 minutes and then head off to school. It has enough fat and protein to keep me full until lunch. mmm!
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast is All Bran Strawberry Medley with half a banana sliced on top and some skim milk. It fills me up, is tasty, and my digestive system LOVES it.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options

1/4 cup granola

Replacing milk with lowfat yogurt for your cereal is great, too. I sometimes do Special K with lowfat strawberry.

Since I can't have dairy I have never had milk in cereal. But I like the idea of yogurt and cereal. Thanks.
  • CoachFoland
    CoachFoland Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast!

2 fried eggs, 2 slices Canadian bacon, 1 slice no fat american cheese, on whole wheat english muffin. 330 calories, 29 carbs, 11 fat, 27 protein.
  • Arlala555
    Arlala555 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It all depends for me. Like if I am in a hurry, eat at work, or just off for the day. I switch between these most days:

1 packet of fiber instant oatmeal
    1 packet low sugar
    Mix with 2% milk instead of water.
    One serving of juice mixed with water.

Bowl of special k cereal or fiber one.
    w/ blueberries added.

Eggo fiber waffles w/strawberries and drizzled with honey

Fiber one poptart w/1 banana
    and a glass of 2%milk

I try to always get fiber, dairy, and fruit in with breakfast. It makes me full and light feeling at the same time. I tend to just eat cereal though. I have been in love with it since I was weee little. Eat that sometimes for dinner too...lol Eggs always seem to make me feel like I have not succeeded in eating healthy enough to start out my day.
    I love the idea of making scrambled eggs with broccoli though. That someone mentioned before.
  • LivinTheLife
    Options
    I love breakfast, my favorite breakfast is Eggs Benedict with Cottage Cheese and Strawberries. I'd eat that every day if I could, haha.
  • 2723obriens
    Options
    OOOOOoooo, This is a good one. I just discovered it. Take two pieces of raisin bread (I like sun-maid) and toast them. Then add 1/2 cup of low-fat cottage cheese to the top of each piece and enjoy. Lots of good hunger-curbing protein and great mix of sweet and salty. I love it and I have never been a breakfast person!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast

6 oz Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla yogurt 80 calories
    1 cup blueberries 80 calories
    1 cup Fiber one cereal 120 calories

This keeps me feeling full all morning! And only 280 calories!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Whole Wheat Deli Flat
    4 Egg whites
    1 slice FF Cheese
    1/4 C Mushrooms
    1/4 C Peppers
    1 Tsp FF Catalina Dressing

About 260 caloreis, lots of protein and good carbs Yummy!:tongue:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    My very favourite(s) are steel cut oats with some blueberries and maple syrup and egg white omlettes loaded with veggies.
  • dianaemanuel
    Options
    I eat the same breakfast every morning and never get tired of it:

Egg white sandwich:

1/3 cup egg whites
    2 pc turkey bacon
    Arnold's sandwich thins, toasted
    a few sprays of I can't believe it is not butter on the toast
    (plus a glass of Crystal light fruit punch)

Cook the egg whites like an omlet, fold it, and assemble the sandwich.
    Satisfying and portable - easy to eat in the car on the way to work.