Diet and Exercise Help!!!

Options
So I need some advice/support.... I have no problem with exercising, It's the dieting part I can't stick to...But in order to lose weight, I need to do both. Any positive feedback would be great!!!

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Don't try to do it too quickly. Set a goal you can stick to. Set your goal to lose half a pound per week instead of 1 or 2 lbs/week... once you're comfortable at that intake and you are diligently tracking your food and figuring out how to live on that, then you can consider restricting further to, say, 1 lb/week weight loss.

Eat what MFP gives you as a goal plus your exercise calories (or at least half of them in my opinion) and enjoy your new lifestyle :bigsmile:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Don't worry so much about what you eat. Worry about eating in moderation. Try your best to stay within your calorie limits each day. Drink lots of water, it helps to fill you up. Try to drink 1 - 2 glasses of water before each meal.
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Dont use the word diet.Just make smarter food choices..eg. lean beef vs a rib eye, 2% or low fat milk vs whole fat. Brown rice vs white rice...you get the picture. If you cut out sugary drinks youll be suprised how much food you can eat.
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Oh...I am not trying to lose quickly.... just trying to find what works best for me and my body..I do track what I eat, then I get busy through-out the day and I forget and then before I know it, I give up. So I guess my problem is committing and sticking with it... Thanks for advice:)
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    For sure!!! I forgot to say that I do not to do diets...to restrictive:)
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Don't try to do it too quickly. Set a goal you can stick to. Set your goal to lose half a pound per week instead of 1 or 2 lbs/week... once you're comfortable at that intake and you are diligently tracking your food and figuring out how to live on that, then you can consider restricting further to, say, 1 lb/week weight loss.

Eat what MFP gives you as a goal plus your exercise calories (or at least half of them in my opinion) and enjoy your new lifestyle :bigsmile:

She has 75lb to lose so can safely lose 2lb per week.
  • misty0413
    misty0413 Posts: 212
    Options
    oh no!!! I am the opposite eat healthy 99 pecent of the time but don't exercise much.
  • _tjejen_
    _tjejen_ Posts: 38
    Options
    My two biggest downfalls previous to starting MFP were...

Eating well (but not enough) in the morning...and then ending up starving by lunch and stuffing my face. To top it off I would then write off the whole day saying "oh well Ive stuffed it now...Ill start tomorrow (or worse...Next Monday!). I also used to do the "well Im going on a diet tomorrow so I better have this, that and the other thing today"

Since Ive started on here Ive just determined to eat 6 smaller meals and trying to make them as healthy as possible. Ive also made a deal with myself to move more, but you dont have that problem so you are already half way there :)

The trick is to be organised I think, have options available so you dont get too hungry and over eat. Like others have said drink lots of water.

If you do slip up, don't let it ruin your day or week, just log it and move on. Its hard to keep eating the same junk when you see what the figures look like at the end of the day.

Most importantly, enjoy it :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

She has 75lb to lose so can safely lose 2lb per week.

Of course she can, safely. But if her problem is committing to it, 2 pounds/week may not be realistically something she can stick to. I say start with a smaller change is all and work up to a larger daily deficit over time.