First NSV :D

Options
My very first NSV! I've been a bit annoyed at my body for these last 3 months - no weight loss no matter how hard I tried. Joined MFP about 3 weeks ago and had a small amount of progress last week after some encouragement from people here. Then I decided to go hiking....

On Sunday I climbed 3kms (about 2 miles) almost straight up to the top of Bluff Knoll. The top sits 1096 kms above sea level and the views were amazing. Lots of photos were taken and I greatly enjoyed the glass of white I had at the top. 4 hours it took to get up and back and everyone in the group was very tired. Next day I was fine whilst everyone else had stiffness and aches, but I did get a little stiff this morning before my shower. Got on the scale and I'd managed to go up 0.5 kg or a full pound since last week. I wasn't too fussed given I'd drunk near 4 litres of water and sat in a car all day yesterday.

I just checked my BF% as I do every week when the scale fails me and I'm down 0.75%! Whilst I had gained 0.5 kg I'd lost 0.4kg of fat and gained 0.95kg of muscle! I'm sure part of this is due to swelling and some water retention but I am so very impressed with myself. Another 3% and I shall be quite happy with myself, any further weight loss goal will be pure vanity as far as I'm concerned.

Anywho, huzzah! Good luck to everyone else one their journey to a better lifestyle :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!