Friend's Wedding Next Week

Options
So a good friend of mine is having her huge ultra elegant and formal wedding at my home town next Saturday. I refrained from buying a dress just yet and have also hesitated to try on the dresses buried in the back of my closet. I am not even sure I have something that elegant and even if I do I am so worried it won't fit by next week. I am planning to take the plunge and try on the things I have tomorrow. I am trying to tell myself it is okay if things don't fit or don't look right just yet. I don't want to buy something new if I am just going to lose the weight sticking to my slow and steady plan in a few months-- that would be such waste of money I don't have. However culturally for this type of wedding I want to look my very very best. I just started counting calories two weeks ago. I am trying to refrain from starving myself or over exercising and stick to the plan. Any tips or words of encouragement are welcome.

Replies

• corinneselene
    corinneselene Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Remember that health is a life long process... you may not be where you want to be for this wedding but I can guarantee that if you are motivated, you will be for the next one and each day following. Also, keep it mind that you already look and feel better than you did two weeks ago.

Until the wedding, try to avoid salty foods which tend to make you retain water. Proteins, veggies (non-bloaty/gassy ones), and whole grains are a plus. Drink plenty of water, which will keep your skin and hair looking amazing! Just in case you still have doubts, which all of us do, pamper yourself a little...not just to look good but also to reward yourself for all the hard work!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    As far as not spending a lot - try stores like Ross or Marshalls - I've found great dresses there for a fraction of retail. And if it's on their clearance rack, it can be a total steal. Consignment shops might be a good source too. I hope you can find a rockin' dress at a great price. Enjoy the wedding! :smile:
  • Homa24
    Homa24 Posts: 33
    Options
    We are our own worst critics. I guarantee you that you don't look at people and notice the things you notice about yourself in a dress. Just have fun and get some dancing in at the wedding for a bit of cardio!
  • maestradeb
    maestradeb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You will be one of many beautiful and happy friends and family and all eyes will most likely be on the bride and the lovely decorations, anyway :) Drink lots of water and eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies so your skin and hair will be gorgeous! As someone else mentioned, you can find some really pretty dresses that are not too expensive, you should treat yourself :) Have fun and enjoy what is sure to be an amazing wedding!
  • asayyar
    asayyar Posts: 7
    Options
    Attended the wedding and had a great time. Took all your advice and lost 6 pounds total beforehand and got my hair done and makeup on and looked great. :) Thanks.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    As far as not spending a lot - try stores like Ross or Marshalls - I've found great dresses there for a fraction of retail. And if it's on their clearance rack, it can be a total steal. Consignment shops might be a good source too. I hope you can find a rockin' dress at a great price. Enjoy the wedding! :smile:

Yes! I've bought lots of clothes from Marshall's and Ross for cheap. I bought a dress for my friend's upcoming wedding Saturday from JCPenney a couple months ago and it wasn't super expensive either. :)

I'm glad you had a great time, OP. :D
  • Homa24
    Homa24 Posts: 33
    Options
    So glad it went well and you felt good about yourself!!