things you could not do and now you can

Options
I could not tie my own shoes.. or lift my leg standing up to get dressed.. I could not cross my legs or sit on a chair cross legged.. I always wore a long sleeve shirt because I was also gaining it in my arms upper and back.. now I can tie my shoes.. change standing up.. oh and another thing is I am more alert and can walk alot more better.. I could not even walk a block without my back hurting me.. it was hard and very tiering for me and my body.... now that I lost alot of weight I can do more things and enjoy ... would like to hear how the journey is for you all.. and what acomplishments has been made .. etc....

Replies

• Ahanlyn90
    Ahanlyn90 Posts: 4
    Options
    You go girl!!!! Woo!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I was exhausted all the time, I was about to wear a size 3x, just getting out of bed was a chore and I was so depressed. But now I want to exercise just to see how far I can go, the next pair of pants I buy will be a size 12 and I look forward to getting up in the morning because I know I can do it and I have gone off one of my depression meds.
  • jo3y20
    jo3y20 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Cross legs, tie shoes, walk for 50 min. and not get winded, can actually walk with my mouth closed (used to have it open just to breathe), cut my own toe nails, and bend over without feeling like I have a hard lump in my stomach.
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Jog for five minutes
    Do real push ups
    Do 100 jumping jacks
    I have also moved up from 5 lb to 12 lb dumbells for videos and do much heavuier at the gym
  • VivaLaMezzo
    VivaLaMezzo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've only begun my journey... but I can now lean over and open the glove box in our car w/o grunting, lol.
  • leyte26
    leyte26 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    congrats to everyone making such great changes in your lives!! i couldn't walk for more then a km with out being tierd and out of breath and now i run. i finshed a half marathon. also i have alot more Patients. My husband likes that, he says a yell alot less lol
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I could not tie my own shoes.. or lift my leg standing up to get dressed.. I could not cross my legs or sit on a chair cross legged.. I always wore a long sleeve shirt because I was also gaining it in my arms upper and back.. now I can tie my shoes.. change standing up.. oh and another thing is I am more alert and can walk alot more better.. I could not even walk a block without my back hurting me.. it was hard and very tiering for me and my body.... now that I lost alot of weight I can do more things and enjoy ... would like to hear how the journey is for you all.. and what acomplishments has been made .. etc....

I couldn't walk to my mailbox and back without wheezing and stopping to catch my breath(it's a 60ft ROUND TRIP!) I can hike the trails and KEEP UP with my kids at the park. I get out in the yard and practice baseball with them standing up not on my knees because I can't stand for more than 5mins at a time. I keep my house a lot cleaner and get it done faster. I shave my legs easily, tie my shoes, and put my clothes on standing. My breathing isn't as fast and hard just doing anything.

Angel

PS. The best feeling was walking on the trail a couple weeks ago and my kids yelling "Mommy slow down, wait for us!" (I have 6 yr old triplets) haha..that was awesome!!
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    I could barely run a mile but now I can run 6.5 miles while running an average of 5miles per hr. :) and it only took 2 months of cardio and dieting properly.
    ALSO!!! I used to be unable to wear a shirt without my underarmor spandex shirt, NOW I can wear everything without it!
  • FlamingJune67
    FlamingJune67 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

I couldn't walk to my mailbox and back without wheezing and stopping to catch my breath(it's a 60ft ROUND TRIP!) I can hike the trails and KEEP UP with my kids at the park. I get out in the yard and practice baseball with them standing up not on my knees because I can't stand for more than 5mins at a time. I keep my house a lot cleaner and get it done faster. I shave my legs easily, tie my shoes, and put my clothes on standing. My breathing isn't as fast and hard just doing anything.

Angel

PS. The best feeling was walking on the trail a couple weeks ago and my kids yelling "Mommy slow down, wait for us!" (I have 6 yr old triplets) haha..that was awesome!!

Angel, that's amazing! I am so inspired by the progress you have made! Being fit is one of those gifts you never really appreciate until it is gone... but it really is a blessing like no other!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    ummm..... there is now a greater range of 'positions' avaliable to my husband and I (We've lost 40kgs/88lbs between us).
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Haven't been able to tie my shoes, reach my feet, cut my own toenails, put on my own socks for several years now. Not a good thing for a Type I diabetic on an insulin pump. My weight loss is very slow because exercise HURTS. I have neuropathy in both legs, worse in the left. Not much feeling left in the lower legs. The back pain, hip pain, and lower leg pain I get from just standing or walking just makes me not want to exercise at all. My doctor just told me to go join a gym. My question is if I can barely stand up or walk, what in the world will I be able to do at a gym? I am keeping my calories below 1200, have seen a little weight loss, but nothing substantial. I will stick with this. My goal is just to be healthy again. I have a lot of weight to lose, but a lot of life to gain.
  • Trindli
    Trindli Posts: 4
    Options
    Haven't been able to tie my shoes, reach my feet, cut my own toenails, put on my own socks for several years now. Not a good thing for a Type I diabetic on an insulin pump. My weight loss is very slow because exercise HURTS. I have neuropathy in both legs, worse in the left. Not much feeling left in the lower legs. The back pain, hip pain, and lower leg pain I get from just standing or walking just makes me not want to exercise at all. My doctor just told me to go join a gym. My question is if I can barely stand up or walk, what in the world will I be able to do at a gym? I am keeping my calories below 1200, have seen a little weight loss, but nothing substantial. I will stick with this. My goal is just to be healthy again. I have a lot of weight to lose, but a lot of life to gain.

Have you tried swimming yet? It might take some courage to show yourself in a swimsuit, but it is one of the best excercises for the whole body where you don't have to put weight on anything. You could also see if there are some aqua aerobic classes in a pool near you.
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    ummm..... there is now a greater range of 'positions' avaliable to my husband and I (We've lost 40kgs/88lbs between us).

This made me lol.

I used to not be able to run the length of myself but now I can run 5k. Woohoo