I'm new!

Options
I have been using MFP for about 2 weeks now, but haven't really checked out the forum yet. Since I started, I have felt really motivated, especially since I spent the first week at my sister's house while she whipped me into shape. She's been using MFP for a while longer and is in love with it.

This weekend was hard for me at home and I could feel myself starting to slip away from my goal. One thing my sister told me was that the forums really motivate her, and so here I am! I wanted to introduce myself, so hello. :)

I'm getting married in OCT, and hope to have lost 15 pounds by then. I have a lot more to go than that for my overall goal, but you have to start somewhere!

Replies

• mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    Welcome:)
  • fsnorkin
    fsnorkin Posts: 10
    Options
    Keep up with the positive attitude! You can do it! I am just coming back to MFP again and want to be determined enough to get this weight GONE! May we both find the results we are looking for!
  • Pandabug93
    Pandabug93 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Well hello and welcome to a community of amazing people!

Congratulations on your wedding and if you stick to your calorie goal and keep on moving, the pounds will be melting away before you know it! You'll do great!!!

A tip is to drink a lot of water in between all your food, which might curb what you think is hunger, or a glass or two with every meal you eat and eat slowly.

Good luck and welcome again!!
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am a little hesitant to be active on a forum because I know people can be nasty over the internet. That can be scary especially considering the personal information/habits shared here. So far everyone I've read on these posts has been super encouraging and friendly! Thank you :)
  • carmie12345
    Options
    I find the Success Stories section of the forums a BIG motivator. People post before and after pictures of there weight loss journeys. Seeing all these people reaching their goals makes me excited to see where I will end up.
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I find the Success Stories section of the forums a BIG motivator. People post before and after pictures of there weight loss journeys. Seeing all these people reaching their goals makes me excited to see where I will end up.

^^this!

I often find myself looking at the success story section, It is extremely motivating. Because its real people with real goals and real stories. It took all of them some time, but because they set their minds to doing it the right way, they will be able to keep their weight off and live healthy lives
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I am a little hesitant to be active on a forum because I know people can be nasty over the internet. That can be scary especially considering the personal information/habits shared here. So far everyone I've read on these posts has been super encouraging and friendly! Thank you :)

I have yet to see anyone being nasty/rude on these forums. The moderators are very strict and they do not tolerate people who try to foster negative environments.