One little success at a time...

Options
lilawolf
lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
Thursday I had a huge team potluck with my work. With some pickiness and a bit of extra exercise, I still had a 388 calorie deficit! On track for nearly a pound a week weight loss!

Friday-Sunday, I went out to eat and drink with my mom, had pizza with the boys, and had a girl's wine night with a friend. I had a deficit of 9 total calories! Now that isn't great for weight loss, but I had a ton of fun without going over!!!

Today I chose a chicken salad with some of the ranch swapped out with vinegar instead of the massive, mouthwatering sloppy joes that were on special. I did not however skip the piece of bacon ;-)

What good choices have you made today or this last weekend?

P.S.
Height: 5'9.5
Weight: 172 (last week when I started this)
Goal weight: ~150
Sedentary desk job
Total calories: 2000 (I know if my deficit is 250, I'm on track for .5lb/wk. 500=1lb/wk etc)

Replies

• lilawolf
    Options
    Nobody? The little stuff turns into big stuff! The people showing 100lb weight loss started somewhere!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I made another pot of chicken soup. I find that having this in the fridge makes getting in a hot delicious meal with vegetables and protein really easy.
  • lilawolf
    Options
    I made another pot of chicken soup. I find that having this in the fridge makes getting in a hot delicious meal with vegetables and protein really easy.

Nice! Which veggies did you use? I've been trying to add new ones to my diet whenever possible. Turnips instead of potatoes is my favorite :-)
  • missypoo1974
    Options
    I had Progresso light clam chowder instead of the yummy lobster bisque that the grocery store had in the deli today. I know the chowder wasn't super good for me (sodium and preservatives) but the calories (200 for the can of soup and 66 calories for the oyster cracker packet) was the best 266 calories I have eaten in a while. I am totally satisfied and don't feel guilty. :) Does that count?
  • lilawolf
    Options
    I had Progresso light clam chowder instead of the yummy lobster bisque that the grocery store had in the deli today........ Does that count?

Heck yeah it does! Probably saved yourself 2-400 calories and still enjoyed yourself :)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I usually put whatever I have in the fridge. It's usually a few of these:

Carrots, potatoes, green beans, onions, garlic, corn, herbs, celery, rice, noodles, beans

So there is a lot of variety, even though it's chicken soup.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!