During"that time of the month"

How many of u girls seem to gain during that time?? If u can control it what do u do?? Someone told me to get some dexatrim....any advice??

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Unless you're eating over maintenance, anything you gain is simply water weight and will disappear after. I usually gain a couple pounds, don't sweat it. One comes off as soon as I start, and the other one around day 4.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    I think it's natural to gain some water weight during TOM, I know that I do (in fact, I was up 2 pounds over the weekend because of it, now it's gone). Even though I crave sodium and sugar when I have PMS, I try very hard to keep my sodium intake down and drink a lot of water to minimize.

Remember though, it's more of a fluctuation, and not necessarily a true "weight" gain. I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if it goes away when flo leaves.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    how long do u usually wait after it stopping to weigh in?? When I was losing weight last time I was on Mirena and didnt have any periods so, this time I'm kinda confused lol
  • beccacoug
    beccacoug Posts: 24
    I gain anywhere from 1 pound to 5! I don't try to control it. I'm too lazy ;) I just expect it. And also there are studies that have been done that when menstrating, women should consume extra calories...like up to 300/day! But some folks suggest to drink extra water and eat less salt to control the water retention.

Ps. Love the sling! I have 4 and wore them all, including my twins!
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    i gain water weight, like 5-7 pounds, and the day after i start its gone..... i was in a medically supervised weight loss and they would let me come in the day after if i needed to because of how much it jumped in 24 hours....

the upside is your next weight on the scale will be awesome!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    My advice is don't take Dexatrim. Most women gain some water weight during TOM, but that will go away once it's over. To avoid real weight gain I tend to feed my cravings somewhat. If I want a dessert I eat cocoa or cinnamon roasted almonds or a Skinny Cow ice cream. If I want chips, I eat chips with bean dip, healthy homemade nachos or whole grain crackers with hummus. You get the idea. I try not to totally give in or deny my cravings.
  • mlashay
    mlashay Posts: 166 Member
    Drink lots and lots of water, take vitamin B for energy and to stave off cravings, take calcium to prevent bloating and do cardio for cramps!

I asked the same question of my MFP friends and of the answers I got these are the ones that helped me immensely! I am still on my time of the month and my scale number has actually gone down!

Hope this helps! Good luck! :)
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    I fluctuate all the time. I weigh once every 1-2 weeks, and more than looking at the numbers one their own each time, I look at the trends. Also, I measure once a month, triple-checking each measurement.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    It's natural for your weight to fluctuate a couple of pounds throughout your cycle. You don't need to do anything about it, just wait until your period ends.
    I know it's silly, but I actually get really happy when I weigh myself at my heaviest weight during my cycle and then I weigh myself at my normal weight. It makes me feel like I lost a few pounds when I'm not even trying lol