Yorkshire Newbie

Options
Hi Everyone!

My name is Vicky and I live in Yorkshire in the North of England. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I lost around 40lbs (3.5 stone) just after I got married and kept the weight off for about 10 years. In 2006, after the birth of my second baby, my weight started creeping up, and up, and up....and here I am. I think I've been in denial about my weight for a long time - wearing my fat pants that hold everything in, sucking in my belly when I'm standing in front of the mirror, and a husband who tells me I look lovely (bless him!).

However, last week we were in Spain on holiday and one morning I woke up to find that I had some pain on my belly. Not in it, ON IT. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror at my belly and I couldn't see anything. I realised that I had to LIFT UP my stomach to find the source of the pain, which was a sore, red spot in the fold of skin. That was it for me. I sat on the edge of the tub and cried because for the first time in 6 years I realised that I really am a fat ***** and I had to do something about it before I become truly obese.

With it being the school holidays I'm committing to exercise every day until I go back to work in September (when I'll probably have to drop down to about 4-5 days per week) and I've started getting serious about my food diary. But I need some support. So here I am. Again.

Replies

• jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Welcome. That is a crazy wake up story. Was it a rash? Can I ask you (since I imagine you will know) what is a yorkshire pudding, and why are they shaped so oddly?
  • paul1batler
    paul1batler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome on board Vicky, im from yorkshire too , my wake up call was high blood pressure , I had known for some time that I needed to sort myself out but like most of us it was too easy just not to bother , since the Doc frightend me I have got into gear and now really enjoy eating healthy again , I also taken up at the gym again which I am now seeing the results and loving it , I am sure you meet your goals you have started by comming here well done you girl.
    Paul:smile: